Chapter 22

-Brielle-

I ran my hands over my outfit for the night one last time before I left to go out to eat. I grabbed my cross over bag and made my way down the stairs. Darshay was driving November and I while Daniel drove Jacob.

"I'm heading out, Ma!" I called out, turning the hallway lights off.

I locked the front door and made my way into the backseat of Darshay's car.

"Wassup, wassup." She said, backing out of my driveway.

"Hey." I said, putting my seatbelt on. Ever since Chresanto got into that car crash I've been super cautious about wearing my seatbelt.

"Is Chresanto coming out tonight?" November asked me.

"I think so. He supposed to be riding with Ray." I answered.

"So Craig and Carina are the only ones who aren't coming?"

"They aren't? I thought everyone was coming."

"I sent both of them a text earlier today and neither one of them replied." Darshay said.

"They must be getting serious. Carina is barely around the house anymore."

"Damn, who knew that Craig would be the type to get serious with someone? He was always the laid back type. Never to much into relationships." November said.

"Right, right. I'm happy for him though. He deserves it."

"Where are we going to eat again?" I asked Darshay.

"California Kitchen. Did I not say that in the message?"

"No, all you said was that we're going out to eat at eight so be ready."

"Same thing, y'all know California Kitchen is my spot."

"Turn up the radio, D! This is my jam!" November hollered, swaying her head from side to side.

I snapped my fingers as I was about to rap along with J.Cole to Power Trip. Whole time, this was the song on the year! I don't care what anyone says, I will never get tired on listening to this song.

"Got me up all night, all I'm singing is love songs." I sung, swaying my head to the beat.

We pulled up to the California Kitchen and saw Daniels car already parked in the front. I made sure my makeup, hair and outfit looked correct before I stepped out of the car.

We spotted the guys waiting outside the medium sized building. Once they saw us, they came over and we all exchanged hugs. I noticed that a girl was with them too. Seeing that she was following Ray around introducing herself, she was probably his date. She seemed like cool peoples though. Her name was Lola and she was pretty cute actually. Good choice Ray.

Chresanto gave me a little nudge with one of his crutches. I smiled at him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

I wasn't mad at all, if he wants to fuck around with Jamie let him be. Yes, I did jump to conclusions and that's because I know him and I know her. But, I didn't get the full story on why he had her pants. Maybe I was just paranoid about the whole entire thing.

"Welcome to California Kitchen." A tall, young lady greeted us as we walked into the breezy restaurant. "Table for eight?"

"Yes, ma'am." Darshay answered.

We soon got seated into one of their large booths. I starred down at the menu searching for what I wanted to eat tonight. Chresanto grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it lightly.