Chapter 10 - Hear A Lot

Ivy thought she loved chocolate thanks for to her Godfather. She didn't love it as much as he did (though no one could love chocolate as much as Remus Lupin) but she did enjoy it a lot.

She was still sad by the time the feast came around, but the prank on the Weasley twins had cheered her up a bit. When they told Maria what had happened at the Feast, she had burst out laughing.

"Of course Marvelle would say something like that!" Maria said in between laughter. "Was it really that messy?"

"Yes!" Marvelle said again. "It was messy!"

"You think everything is messy." Ivy stated.

"No I don't." Ivy and Maria glanced at each other then looked back at her.

"Yes you do." They said in unison.

"Oh really? Name all the things I think are messy."

"Well there's the Slytherin Common Room." Ivy started.

"Gryffindor dormitories." Maria added.

"My trunk."

"Ivy's bed."

"The Transfiguration classroom."

"The dungeons."

"Filch's office."

"Greenhouses."

"Library."

"The Great Hall."

"Especially the Hufflepuff Table."

"The corridors-"

"Okay! I get it!" Marvelle said with annoyance. "I get your point."

"And the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom." Ivy finished and smirked. Marvelle glared at her.

"I will throw this at you." Marvelle stated, holding up a Cauldron Cake.

"No you won't."

"Don't test me."

Ivy laughed. "Doesn't throwing food create a mess?"

Marvelle frowned and slowly put the Cauldron Cake down, before taking a bite out of it. "Whatever Ivy-"

Marvelle was cut off by the large doors opening wide and Professor Qurriel, the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, running in hurriedly.

"Troll in the Dungeon!!!" The Professor screamed and everyone went silent. He stopped in the middle of the Great Hall and looked at the teachers. "Troll in the dungeon!! Thought you ought to know..." Then he promptly fainted. Thunder rumbled loudly outside and many people screamed, including the three girls who all stood up quickly.

"Troll?!" Marvelle screamed. Ivy nodded quickly, her hair turning white in fear.

"How is that possible?!" Maria yelled, looking around in fear. "A troll!! Here! At Hogwarts?!"

"Yes! A troll!" Ivy said again.

"SILENCE!!" Dumbledore roared and everyone in the hall had gone quiet. "Prefects! You will lead your houses to your dormitories! Teachers will follow me to the dungeons!"

"Ravenclaws! Follow me!" Penelope Clearwater, a fifth year Prefect yelled. Ivy, Marvelle, Maria and the rest of the Ravenclaws followed her.

"But how did a troll get in?" Maria asked again.

"Maybe it's some kind of joke-" Marvelle suggested.

"If it was a joke then why did Professor Quirrel faint?" Ivy asked. The two shrugged and sighed. "Well this Halloween took an interesting turn..." she muttered to herself and walked ahead. Maria and Marvelle sighed and followed her quickly.