Chapter 6 - Tea Leaves

The three girls walked into the Great Hall and sat down at the Ravenclaw Table. The doors opened and the first-years walked in, all looking rather nervous. Ivy saw Harry and waved, he waved back making her smile slightly.

"I still can't believe that Harry Potter is your brother." Maria said to Ivy, who rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I know. It's not that great if you ask me."

"How come?"

"Well I'm his sister. Our parents are dead. I haven't seen him in ten years and he has to go live with muggles." Maria frowned.

"Maybe you're right."

The first-years lined up in front of the Staff Table as the Sorting Hat began its song. Afterwards, Professor McGonagall started to explain the Sorting. After she was done, she took out the scroll with their names and called the first name.

"Abbot, Hannah." McGonagall called out. A little blonde haired girl with pigtails walked forward to the Sorting Hat nervously. The Hat covered her face and almost immediately yelled:

"HUFFLEPUFF!!" The Hufflepuff table, which was in the middle left stood up and cheered.

"Boot, Terry." A young boy walked up and he too was sorted.

"RAVENCLAW!!!" Ivy, Marvelle, Maria and the rest of the students house stood up and cheered. The boy smiled and ran to their table.

"We have someone in Ravenclaw!" Maria stated. "Hopefully some more."

"GRYFFINDOR!!" The hat yelled again. A bushy haired girl smiled and ran to the Gryffindor table, she sat near the twins.

The Sorting continued and Ivy cheered only for the Ravenclaws.

"Potter, Harry!" The Hall went quiet and Ivy looked up, hoping that he could be in Ravenclaw. Harry walked up slowly and people started whispering.

"I heard that his parents-" A girl who was nearby, whispered to her friend.

"What about his parents?" Ivy asked loudly. They looked at her and kept quiet. "That's why I thought."

"Hope he's in Ravenclaw?" Marvelle asked her. She nodded. It took ages, the Sorting Hat didn't yell anything but seemed like it was talking to Harry.

"GRYFFINDOR!!!!" Ivy sighed, slightly disappointed but cheered anyway. The Gryffindor Table stood up and cheered loudly. Harry sighed with relief and walked to them, sitting next to the bushy haired girl and the twins.

"We have a Potter! We have a Potter!" The Weasley twins were cheering and everyone was clapping.

"Oh well, it's alright I suppose." Marvelle said to Ivy. Ivy nodded and sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the start of their third year at Hogwarts, students are allowed to choose two elective classes. There options were: Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies, Divination, Care of Magical Creatures and Arithmancy. A part of Ivy wanted to choose Divination for fun. Trying to tell the future, and the Professor was apparently mad. She had no interest in Arithmancy. So that left Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies and Care of Magical Creatures.

"Which one are you going to do?" Marvelle asked her.

"Divination and... I don't know." Ivy answered and sighed.

"Well I'm doing Care of Magical Creatures and Arithmancy." Maria said.

"Arithmancy doesn't really interest me."

"You don't know what you're missing."

"Yeah, I'm missing out on Arithmancy."

Maria rolled her eyes. "What are you doing Marvelle?"