Chapter 1 - I Hope They Aren't

Ivy jumped out of bed. She had been waiting for this day her entire life. And now it's here. She's eleven. She's a witch. And Ivy's going to the best wizardry school out there. She ran around her room, checking if she had everything. She gasped and threw in Dungbombs. Her godfather, Remus Lupin, had told her that her Dad was a prankster. She was too, Ivy pranked him all the time. He said Ivy had her father's humour, her mother's kindness, her mother's brains, both of their wit, and... Ivy Marlene Potter was like a mini, smart girl version of James Potter, well according to Remus. She quickly did her hair, changing it to multiple colours. She was a metamorphamagus. Finally when she settled to wavy jet black hair with different shaded blue ends, her normal hairstyle, before running downstairs.

"Morning Remus!!" Ivy yelled jumping on to a chair and grabbing her food. Her godfather, Remus Lupin, had brown hair with small grey spots, green eyes and a scarred face. He looked more raggedy and exhausted then normal. But Ivy had learnt to get used to it by now.

"Morning Ivy. Excited for today?" He asked.

"Yep!!" She yelled excitedly. He chuckled and smiled. After breakfast they both headed to Kings' Cross Station.

"Okay, so you have to run through the barriers between Platform 9 and 10 to get Platform 9 3/4" Remus explained.

"What? OK are you sure this is the right one?" Ivy asked. Remus nodded but Ivy had second thoughts, her stuff would go every where, wouldn't it? Not to mention her owl, Athena, getting scared. She sighed and ran as fast as she could between the barriers. Ivy closed her eyes but continued to run. Surprisingly she didn't hear a thud. Ivy opened her eyes, and stared at the Hogwarts Express in awe. A sign near by read Platform 9 3/4. She looked at the time 10:55.

Remus appeared beside her. "OK. Remember, study hard, be nice to most of the teachers and don't get into too much trouble." Remus told her.

"Most of the teachers? Which ones am I allowed to prank?" Ivy grinned. Remus bit his lip.

"You can prank Mr Filch, your caretaker, and Professor Snape, your potions teacher. At least prank them once or twice."

"OK. I'll make sure I prank them at least twenty times." Remus smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"See you at Christmas!!" Ivy yelled and boarded the train.

Ivy peered out the window. She waved at Remus as the train started moving. Ivy sighed and went to find a compartment. She opened a compartment door and found a girl with straight brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, the girl hadn't noticed Ivy yet but was staring out the window.

"Hey, um... can I sit here?" Ivy asked softly. The girl jumped and she looked at her.

"Oh- um sure." She said and smiled slightly.

"Thanks." Ivy smiled and sat down across from her. "I'm Ivy. Ivy Potter." Her eyes widened.

"As in Potter? Like Harry Potter? He has a sister?" Ivy nodded and sighed.

"Uh... yeah... that would be me..."

"Do you live with him?" Ivy frowned.

"Well... no... he went to live with Muggles for some reason." Ivy sighed, she hadn't technically met the guy and all she knew was that he went to live with muggles and he defeated Voldemort at the age of one and blah blah blah...

"Anyway, what's your name?" Ivy asked quickly changing the subject.

"Marvelle Shields." Marvelle smiled. "So... wizards and witches huh? I was just, surprised when I got my letter."