Chapter 14 - Your Own Medicine

After Marvelle's birthday, the Weasley Twins and Maria thought (and hoped) that Ivy would change her appearance back to normal.

She didn't.

Ivy kept Marvelle's appearance and no one could tell the difference, not even Maria, who had stopped trying after one day. Surprisingly, the number of detentions that they had received had not stopped her.

"Ms Potter and Ms Shields, if Ms Potter doesn't change her appearance by the end of the lesson then you will both receive detention at my office tomorrow." Snape said to the two girls in one lesson of Potions.

"Technically you're giving Ms Shields a detention for looking like herself." Ivy stated and crossed her arms. "Which in my opinion doesn't seem fair at all."

"Also tomorrow is Ms Potter's birthday," Marvelle added. "Perhaps you could move the detention on Sunday instead?"

"You will both have detention tomorrow, one more word and ten points will be taken off Ravenclaw."

"But we have the Hogsmeade trip tomorrow-" Ivy started again. At Hogsmeade, she could buy herself a small present for her birthday and also she didn't want Marvelle missing out on a trip to Hogsmeade.

"Then you'll have to miss it." Snape said coldly and continued the lesson. Ivy sighed and gave a 'Sorry' look to Marvelle, who sighed and continued her work.

"We can just skip it, it's Snape it won't matter." Ivy reassured when they left the classroom. Marvelle shrugged but smiled.

"I don't really care anymore, when you get around five hundred detentions in one week, you start to not care anymore." She stated and Ivy smirked at her response.

"You two have probably set a record." Maria said. "The students who received the most detentions in a week."

"Well, when you say it like it that, it sounds like a competition."

Maria turned around and pointed at Marvelle. "You're Ivy."

Marvelle shook her head and smirked. "Nope." Maria groaned and slapped her forehead, then almost tripped over her own feet. Ivy laughed slightly.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to go back to my own appearance tomorrow," Ivy stated. "For my birthday."

Maria let out a sigh of relief. "Finally."

"We should do this every year," Marvelle said. "You change your appearance on my birthday then leave it like that until yours, since its only week apart."

"No!"

"Yes!" Ivy agreed and grinned. "Then we can confuse everyone and everyone will have to guess who is who for a week!"

"Why..." Maria mumbled under her breath with disappointment. Ivy and Marvelle grinned and high-fived each other. They walked outside and sat down beneath a tree, near the Black Lake. Ivy dropped her books to the floor and sat down, leaning against the tree's trunk. Maria and Marvelle down in front of her, opening their books and starting homework from previous classes.

Ivy grabbed a piece of parchment and her quill and looked through all her books, trying to decide what subject to work on first. They had homework for at least all their classes, that she began to wonder how she was keeping up.

"Oh here comes trouble." Maria stated after a while and they looked up. It was Fred, George and Lee, who were all laughing quite loudly as they made their way through the courtyard. Ivy smirked slightly and continued waiting for-

"Hey Marvelle!!" The Weasley twins yelled and ran over to them. Marvelle placed her book down and looked at Ivy. She held up three fingers and started counting down from three, putting down a finger with each number.

"Hi!" Ivy and Marvelle said in unison and waved at them. Fred and George sighed.

"And they still look the same..." George stated.

"You can change your appearance now Potter. We get your point." Fred said. Marvelle laughed and stood up. Ivy followed her example.

"Are you sure? Why don't you try to guess who is who?" Marvelle challenged, smirking. Fred crossed his arms and pointed at her.

"You're Ivy because you sound very competitive." He stated.

Ivy laughed and placed her hands on her hips. "Are you sure about that?"

"You're Ivy and you're Marvelle," George said, pointing at Ivy then at Marvelle.

Ivy shrugged and said, "Maybe you're right."

"But maybe you're wrong." Marvelle added.

"Oh Merlin," Maria mumbled under her breath and continued her work, but also paid close attention to the conversation.

"We're right aren't we?" Fred questioned.

"Who knows." Ivy stated. "You knows this is so much fun, seeing the two of you trying to figure out who is who.  It's like you're getting a taste of your own medicine." 

He narrowed his eyes at her. "This one's Ivy," Fred said to George. "This one is definitely Ivy."

 She laughed. "I'm not going to tell you if you're right or not-"

"Yes! I am right! You are Ivy!" He laughed. "I knew it!" 

"She didn't say if it was right!" Marvelle reminded.

"But she didn't say if it was wrong," George stated and grinned. Marvelle and Ivy glanced at each other and Marvelle sighed with defeat. 

"Fine, you guys are right." 

"Yes!"

"What?" Ivy questioned and stared at Marvelle with shock.  "I honestly feel so betrayed right now-"

Marvelle laughed slightly and sighed. "Sorry, but they are-"

"There's a thing called lying."

"Oh well, you're changing back to yourself tomorrow anyway so it really doesn't matter."

~~~~~~~~~

The following day, Ivy's birthday, the girls made their way to the gates of Hogwarts for the Hogsmeade trip. Marvelle took Ivy's advice and decided to skip the detention with Snape, while Ivy finally took on her own appearance for her birthday. 

"Marvelle! Ivy!" The girls turned around and saw the Weasley twins running over to them once again. 

"Hey, wait I got this," Ivy said and pointed to Fred. "You're Fred and you're George."

"You've finally got it," Fred stated and smiled. "Took you three years,  but you've finally got it."

Ivy rolled her eyes but grinned. "It's about time! Well anyway, I hope you both learnt your lesson."

They sighed. "Yes, we have," George said. 

"Good. And just a heads up, we'll be doing the same thing next year." Marvelle said and the twins' smiles fell. "And the year after that and the year after that-"

"And for the rest of eternity." Maria finished and sighed. 

"What? But you can't do that!" Fred exclaimed.

"We'll be doing it only for a week every year. You do it every day!" Ivy retorted back and they started walking to through the streets of Hogsmeade.

"Yeah well, we can't control it! You can!"