Chapter 9

Zayn's POV

It's been a week since everything came out and things have been getting better, Uncle Liam, Uncle Louis, and Dad have been home a lot more. I've also been eating every meal and although I'm not really eating solid foods all that much I'm steal eating without throwing up and I guess that's progress. But today Dad is taking me for a checkup at the doctors where Dad will also talk to him about a food plan.

"Zayn you up?" Someone asked from outside my door.

I sat up in bed and Uncle Liam walked through smiling at me.

"Hey bud, your dad wanted me to wake you up, you have to go the doctors today."

"Carry me Uncle Li," I mumbled while lifting my arms up.

He cracked a smile and picked me up then threw me over his shoulder and started to run down the stairs, I half giggled half squealed as he ran down the stairs and sat me on a seat i the kitchen with a smoothie in front of me. I took a sip of it and smiled and finished it right when dad came downstairs.

"You ready to go Zayn?"

"Yup!"

"Okay say goodbye to your uncles!"

I gave each of my uncles a hug and a kiss on the cheek and then ran out to the car where we drove to the doctors office.

Once we arrived we quickly signed in and then got to the room where they did the usual standard height, weight, blood pressure and stuff like that until he came in with needles.

"Okay Zayn and Harry actually since your parents are no longer here we cannot ask them about any possible genetic things you could get from them so were going to take some blood from both of you, okay?"

I nodded and Dad took my hand in his and squeezed it while sending me a warm smile. They started with Dad first and it only took a couple minutes and he didnt even flinched then they moved onto me.

I squeezed my eyes shut so I wouldn't see when it would happen, I felt a pinch and then a after a little bit a band-aid was put on my arm. I opened my eyes and Dad was smiling at me and picked me up before thanking the doctor and walking out to the car.

"Daddy, why did we get the needles?"

"Remember he said it's just to make sure everything is alright."

"Oh, but what happens if we aren't alright?"

"I think that we will be perfectly fine!"

"Okay!"

*2 days later*
3rd person pov

"Zayn! Come here!"

Zayn ran downstairs where Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and the doctor were. He took a seat on Harry's lap very anxious to what the doctor had to say.

"So, I have some rather big news, first of all you are both fine and have nothing to worry about."

Zayn smiled at Harry and relaxed into his arms after hearing that and Harry kissed his head as the doctor continued speaking.

"Now Harry you are 29 years old correct?"

"Yes."

"Well originally we thought Zayn was your brother, I don't know how but the test got messed up and gave us the wrong information. As it turns out, you had a child with Emily Gramber 12 years ago at 17 years old, and that child is Zayn."

Zayn's POV

My eyes widened and I looked at Dad who also looked at the doctor confused but then looked upset. He mumbled a thank you to the doctor and escorted him out before going to his room without saying anything to me, I didn't think he would be upset, I already considered him my dad so why is it such a big deal?

I felt tears form in my eyes and Uncle Niall came over and started to shush me.

"There's no need for tears Zayn, you're okay, it will be fine."

"He's upset, he doesn't want me anymore, he's gonna send me back!"

"Zayn there is no way in heck your dad is going to send you away, and even if he did me or one of the boys would adopt you in a second, trust me, you're staying."

I nodded and wiped my eyes and cuddled into into Uncle Niall as Uncle Louis went to Dad.

Louis' POV

I was quite surprised at Harry's reaction, I thought he would be happy about this because there is nothing he loves more than Zayn. The day Zayn started calling him dad he didn't stop smiling so I don't see what the problem is. I opened his door to see him crying in his hands, I took a seat next to him and rubbed his back.

"Haz what's wrong? I thought you would be happy about this."

"Of course I'm happy Lou, when I thought Zayn was just my brother I was so happy when he started calling me dad, it's just now that I know I'm his dad I've realized that I could have had him in my care these past twelve years, he wouldn't have been so alone. It's all my fault."

"Hey, listen here, it's not your fault, you didn't know about Zayn, and think about the good things, if you had known about Zayn you would have left the band or maybe given Zayn up like any other panicked teenager, but this way you stayed in the band and grew up so now you can provide him with an amazing life and you can experience the beauty of having him."

"Thanks Lou, you're amazing," he said as he pulled me into a kiss.

"I know, but you should get downstairs."

"Why?"

"You left without saying anything, Zayn is down there crying because he thinks you don't want him."

Harry's POV

"Oh shit!" I said before giving Louis a quick kiss and running downstairs.

My heart broke at the sight of Zayn sleeping on Niall's chest with dried tear stains on his face, I sighed and picked him and then carried him back upstairs to my room to lay down with me and Louis. I placed him softly in the middle of the bed and got in on one side and Louis got on the other, I rubbed Zayn's stomach and turned of the Tv for me and Louis waiting for Zayn go wake up.

Zayn's POV

I woke up to the whistles from a football game and opened my eyes to see I was in dad's bed while him and Louis watched the game.

"Daddy?" I mumbled.

"Oh hi baby, you have a nice nap?"

I nodded and he lifted me on top of him where I snuggled into his chest.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"I was never mad, I was just upset that I didn't know and that you were all alone all those years, but it's okay now because you're here and you're never leaving."

I nodded and cuddled closer to him and also grabbed Uncle Louis' hand, they each kissed my head.