The Unplanned Date|Shinya

MODERN AU

You sighed sadly as you checked your messages for the nth time.

Nope. Still empty.

Slamming your phone down on the table with a huff, you crossed your arms on the table and buried your head in them.

Maybe he was stuck in traffic or work or something. He'd be here any moment, right?

"Um, ma'am?"

You looked up tiredly.

"Yes?" You asked the waitress.

"Would you like something to drink or a snack, maybe? You've been here for at least three hours now..."

You smiled at her.

"No thanks, I'm fine. My boyfriend should be here soon..."

The waitress nodded. "Okay, if you say so", she said and walked away, not before casting a clearly pitiful look at you over her shoulder.

Now that you paid closer attention, most of the people in the restaurant were giving you similar sympathetic glances.

You couldn't really blame them though.

You felt your heart break a little. This was the fifth time he'd stood you up, and you couldn't understand why. And if it was because he was tired of you, why wouldn't he break up with you? It would be much better than being humiliated in public every week.....

Some time later, you checked the time on your mobile and smiled sadly. It had been one more hour since you had last checked it.

Giving up, you picked up your bag and started to stand and leave the table when someone placed their hands on your shoulder and sat you back into the chair.

"Sorry I'm so late, babe, traffic is absolutely CRAZY right now," he laughed and sat across from you, hanging his coat on the back of his chair.

You just stared at the mystery man. He sure wasn't your boyfriend, but damn was he cute.

That didn't change the fact that you didn't know him, though.

"Wha-" you started, but Mystery Dude placed his hand gently on your mouth.

"Shh, I'll make it up to you, sweetheart", he smiled, before leaning towards you and softly adding, "I'm Shinya, just go along with it, yeah? And by the way, whoever didn't show up is a dick."

You couldn't believe that someone could be this sweet to a person they didn't know.

So you went along with it, because he was being so nice and trying to save you from public humiliation.

The fact that he was the cutest guy you'd ever seen didn't hurt either.

"You'd better not do that ever again", you said, looking off to the side, pretending to be aloof and distant.

You heard Shinya chuckle.

"I won't."

You looked back at him and smiled. "So, shall we order now?" You asked.

"Sure thing!" He grinned, picking up the menu and browsing through it. You did the same.

Once you decided on what you wanted (pasta in red sauce and a glass of red wine) you looked up, only to see the male still looking through the menu.

You took this opportunity to study Shinya's features.

He had silver hair. How the hell did he have silver hair? (Not that you cared too much by this point; they looked really good on him.) Blue eyes. They were very blue, too, and you were not comparing them to the ocean. No, you totally weren't doing that.