Sarcasm|Ferid Bathory

It was a peaceful night in Sanguinem. There wasn't much activity going on tonight due to the absence of any human attacks, so it was relatively quiet, unlike the usual.

Or it would have been, if you didn't count the rather loud sound of boots stamping on the marble floor.

Ferid Bathory skipped out of Krul's throne room, holding a sheaf of papers and humming a random tune at the top of his voice, earning him a glare from Crowley Eusford, who was standing nearby with Chess and Horn.

"Keep it down, Ferid", he hissed.
The silver haired male stopped and smiled at the thirteenth progenitor.
"Why, Crowley, I didn't know you enjoyed the silence that much!"
"Well, why are you in such a good mood? Especially after meeting Krul, of all people?" Crowley asked, ignoring Ferid's comment.

"Who, me? I'm not in a good mood at all! Why would you think that I was?" Ferid said cheerfully.
Crowley sighed. "What's with all the papers you're carrying, then?"
Ferid smirked. "Oh, these are just reports on human attacks this month. Krul told me to give them to (Y/N) for filing", he hummed.

There was a very long pause.

"Oh, her? Well then, good luck, Ferid!" Crowley called after the energetic male.
----------------------------------------------
You, on the other hand, were not in a very good frame of mind. This was due to the exceptionally boring reports you had been filing by date since yesterday. 

Krul had given you this very exciting task so you would be busy for some time. This was because you were known in Sanguinem as the Queen of Sarcasm. It didn't matter whom you spoke to, it always ended with some sharp remark on your part.

This was due to the many, many pickup attempts you had faced due to your beauty, even as a vampire. Now it was just a habit. Only three people didn't mind much. One was Krul. The second was Mika. And the last was Ferid Bathory, which was kind of odd. But if the guy could withstand Mikaela's chilling glares, then he could withstand anything.

In an effort to cure you of this habit, Krul had made you agree to this task, in the hope that maybe zero social contact would help. Her idea was based on this theory that 'concentration can cure anything', like she was some yoga promoting sales agent.

All that happened was that you felt way more annoyed than usual. But now, there was reason to celebrate, because you were almost at the end of the job. This was the last report.

Just as you finished, the door to your office was thrown wide open.

"(Y/N-N-N-N!)" sang Ferid Bathory, who was standing at the entrance.

You mentally face palmed, but controlled yourself. After all, the whole point of this was to not blow up at people.

On another, more interesting note, how did he even get inside your house? You vividly remembered locking the door before starting this evil plot- oops, this extremely interesting job.

You were tempted to ask the man as to how he did it, but decided not to after carefully considering what he might say.

"Come in, Ferid", you said as politely as you could. He skipped in with a pile of........papers?

"Uh, Ferid? What are those?" You asked, a feeling of dread growing in you. Ferid smiled, which confirmed your deep fears.

"Krul sent you more reports to file, because you're such a good worker!" He sang in your ear. "Oh, and she told me to supervise you and make sure you did it", he added, smiling evilly.

You exploded. "THE HELL?! I STAYED UP FOR ONE WHOLE NIGHT TO DO THIS SHIT, AND JUST AS I FINISH, YOU SAY I NEED TO DO MORE? HELL NO! YOU DO IT!"

Ferid just smiled at you. "You don't really have an option", he reminded you. "Oh, no! I thought I had at least two permanent options: kill you or kill Krul!" You growled at Ferid.

He smirked. "Sarcastic as ever, aren't you? Well, you're welcome to try, but you're gonna lose!" he sang.

Someone remind me why I have a crush on this guy again?

Yes, you did have a crush on the silver haired vampire, because even though he annoyed you to hell, he was kinda charming in his own way. And though some people would oppose this view, it didn't change the fact that you liked him.

But he probably didn't even know this, forget liking you back. And even if he did know of your feelings, he would probably not reciprocate.

After all, who could like a girl with an attitude such as yours? But that was why you kept it, wasn't it.

You mentally sighed and started your work. It looked like Ferid was actually going to wait until you were done, so you tried ignoring him and concentrating at the task at hand.

About two minutes later, you realized that Ferid had brought his chair really close to yours.

In fact, it was right next to you.

"Ferid."
"Hm?"
"You don't have to sit right next to me."
"I know !"
"Ferid."
"Yes?"
"Do not sit so close to me."
"No can do!"
"......."
*insert Ferid's signature smile*

You sighed and continued. It wasn't very easy to pay attention with your crush next to you, but you managed. It was relatively easy, because Ferid was unnaturally quiet, as if trying not to disturb you.

But that couldn't be, right?

An hour later, Ferid was looking out the window, and you were really tired. Like, completely burned out. Your energy was totally exhausted.

You were so exhausted, in fact, that you didn't even realize you fell asleep on Ferid's shoulder.

----------------------------------------------
Ferid looked at your sleeping face.

For a minute, he didn't move. Then, he smiled to himself. It wasn't his usual creepy smile; it was a genuine one that almost made him look like a different person.

He studied your peaceful face. There were slight dark circles underneath your eyes, and your hair were beyond tangled and messy, but you still looked smashing.

Ferid didn't have a problem believing that pickup line story. It was obviously true, looking at you. Even the sarcastic attitude didn't hide your beauty much.

The usually annoying vampire carefully picked you up bridal style and brought you over to your bed in the adjoining room. You shifted slightly in his arms, making him freeze, but then you sighed and relaxed, a slight smile on your face.

Ferid covered your sleeping form with a blanket and tiptoed out silently, not wanting to wake you.

After all, he knew about your little crush on him, and he did like the Queen of Sarcasm back.

HOW WAS I????????
Hopefully good. I did try hard to not let Ferid go out of character, didn't I.
Did anyone notice that the vampire showed in ep 2 of the first season kinda resembles Krul? It isn't just me, is it?

Well then, whom should I write about next? Suggest in the comments!

If you liked this, don't forget to comment! Or vote, maybe?
Excuse my blatant hinting; I am totally shameless.
Sayonara till the next chapter!
~PseudonymElla