Sleeping in|Shinya

• Quick A/N : this entire chapter is from Shinya's point of view. (Y/F/F) is your favourite flowers. Continued below •

It's quiet, almost deathly so.
Everyone is sitting with serious expressions, with the exception of Goshi, who's standing against the wall and looking down.
I'm sitting next to Sayuri. My head is in my hands. No one is saying anything to me; what can they say?
All we can do is wait in the seemingly unending silence.
How did it come to this?

Same day, 2:30 p.m

"Come on, Shinya. It's not the end of the world-"
"You don't get it, (Y/N)! Do you know how serious this is?! It's right before the mission, idiot!"
She flinches. I've never been this angry with her before, and don't like it either, but as much as I love (Y/N), she's screwed up royally, and she needs to know that.

"It was an accident, Shinya! I'm sorry!"
"That won't do! There's only half an hour left before our mission commences, and you've damaged my weapon! How am I supposed to back up the squad with-with this?!"

Clarification: I had left my gun with (Y/N) because Guren had called all of us to discuss the plan once before the actual mission started. Normally I could just make it disappear at will, but (Y/N) really wanted to hold it, and her being my girlfriend and all, I let her.

However, once I returned, she had somehow broken the blade off.(picture in a/n, if you're confused.)
"Well, it's not like you're going to go spar with the enemy with the gun, are you? How does the blade affect your job?" She genuinely looks perplexed.

I sigh.

"Normally it wouldn't, but if you break a part of the cursed gear, it decreases the efficiency of the weapon."

"Oh." She looks stricken, and I feel horrible now.

"Look, it's fine. I'll mana-"

"I'll go in your place."

I pause.

"What?"

"My specialty is long-range combat too, right? Since this was my fault, I'll go in your place. Guren wouldn't mind a substitution for just one mission."

"Absolutely not. We're going after the nobles in Shinjuku. If you mess up-"

"Are you doubting my aim, Shinya?"

"No, but-"

"SHINYA! What the fuck are you doing here? We have to leave now!"

It's Guren.

"Guren! I'm taking Shinya's place for this mission because I damaged his gear!"

Guren stares at (Y/N).

Please say no, please say no, please-

"Fine. Just this once, Shinya, you get off scot-free. You better not let us down, (Y/N). I'm trusting you 'cause you're his girlfriend and because I know you. So do the others."

"I won't!"

"Guren, (Y/N), wai-!"

"Trust me, Shinya. I won't screw up this time", she says, looking at me seriously.