Betrayal| Crowley

Hannah waited next to you nervously as you placed a bite of meat in your mouth.

"How is it, Miss (Y/N)?" She asked tentatively.

You closed your eyes and chewed, then swallowed. Looking up at the cook's worried face, you smiled.

"As always, it tastes amazing!" You said, starting on the rest of the food, and Hannah visibly relaxed. "Oh, thank you! It was a new recipe, so I was hesitant to serve it today-"

"What's going on here?" said a very familiar voice. Hannah and you looked at the door leading into the dining room, and your faces brightened.

"Sir Eusford!" Hannah said brightly. "Do come in and try my new recipe! Even Miss (Y/N) here said it tastes amazing!"

The orange haired male smiled at the cook. "Of course, Hannah."

Crowley came over to the table and sat next to you, Hannah placing food on his plate while making small talk. However, your mind was far away as you stared into your now empty plate, trying hard to not concentrate on your churning stomach.

You snapped back to attention when a hand was waved in front of your face. Looking up, you saw it was Crowley's.

"(Y/N), are you alright? You don't look so good", he asked you, a tad worried.

You smiled. "I'm fine."

"It seems that we are a little late, doesn't it?"

You smiled. "Edward! And you've got Cynthia with you! Aren't the others coming?"

"They said they'll show up later", Edward said pleasantly.

"Well aren't you early",Crowley teased them, making Hannah scold him for being mean to them.

You quietly watched the scene. It was amazing to you that, despite knowing they were possibly about to die the next day, Crowley and the others were not worried at all.

It was the year 1094, and tomorrow, all of you excluding Hannah had to leave to fight in the First Crusade. It was probably hard on all of them knowing that they might be dead tomorrow, but they were taking it well. You were currently in one of the castles the army had provided with your team mates.

You felt horrible and didn't want any of the people in front of you to die either, which was surprising, considering it was you.

Maybe it was because you knew that they would all be dying before the war itself.

You shuddered and stood up, making everyone stare at you.

"I think I'll go sit in one of the rooms above", you said hurriedly, and ran upstairs, onto the castle's first floor, and into your bedroom.

Lying down on your bed, you forced yourself to digest the food; it would be way too suspicious if you threw up.

You didn't come out for the rest of the evening.

__________________________

It was night. Around one or two, you thought.

You slipped out of your room quietly and made your way down, to the castle's main entrance, your heart hammering.

A few minutes later, three soft knocks were heard on the door.