Chapter 12

"I have arrived. Praise me," the green eyed girl announced as the front door unlocked.

Evan was at the door with grin on his face. "Queen Evanee, thank you for gracing us with your presence."

Craig followed behind Evanee and they were led into the living room where the rest of their friends were.

Thankfully, Kelly and Sydney were there. It also looked like they got along so that was a plus.

"What are you guys doing?"

Kelly patted the seat next to her on the couch and lightly kicked Tyler, who was in front of her, sitting on the ground and staring up at the TV.

"The boys are playing gang beasts," she told Evanee, handing her a small bowl of nachos that Evan got from the kitchen. "Sydney and Evan also made a shit ton of snacks in the kitchen if you're interested."

While Evanee went to the kitchen, everyone else watched as the game continued. She couldn't help but first admire the beautiful pictures on the wall. There were some of Evan, some of Sydney, some with the both of them. Then Evanee saw one picture. It looked quite old, but was still framed in one of the nicest frames.

It was of her and Evan, back in high school. Jonathan probably took it while they were at the ice skating rink during new years that one night. It was of them ice skating together, Evan's hands gently placed around Evanee's waist.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Sydney whispered, standing next to Evanee and looking at the picture. "Jonathan is very talented when it comes to photography."

"He always was. Why is this framed?"

"Because I knew Evan would appreciate it. As much as it sucks, I know he never stopped loving you. After you left, he kind of just went to me for comfort and that's how we ended up together."

It was quite loud in the other room, so no one could hear their conversation. The two of them were silent as they continued looking at the picture, analyzing each and everything. The way Evan looked at Evanee, how the ice looked below them, and how how he held her.

Evanee sighed. "Sydney, believe me. I hated you in the past, but aside all that teenage drama, I like you. I would never want to get in between you two and if you still think that Evan has feelings for me, which I'm certain he doesn't, I will tell him that we won't ever happen."

"No, that's not what I want. I just wanted to be happy with him and we have that. I should actually be thanking you for leaving that time since I never would have realized how childish I was or that I really cared for Evan. All I want now is to see him smile and if later on that means he wants to be with you, I will accept it."

There was a sudden feeling of disbelief and sorrow in Evanee as she stared at Sydney. The blonde girl was still staring at the picture, with slight tears in her eyes. She wasn't joking.

Without hesitation, Evanee took Syndey's hand in hers and stared into her eyes with fierce determination. "Sydney, as much as I used to hate you, I knew you were the strongest, fiercest, and diligent woman. You worked for what you wanted and you weren't afraid to knock anyone down in the process. Be friendly, but keep that confidence. Be confident in your love for him because I see it when he looks at you. I see the way he loves you. Evan and I, that was so long ago and I never want to get between two amazing people."

There was a slight pause as Sydney wiped away her tears and then wrapped her arms around Evanee.

"Thank you, Evanee. Thank you so much."

She hugged her back and then saw Jonathan walk into the kitchen for another snack. His eyes widened when he saw the two hugging and Sydney lightly sobbing into Evanee's shoulder. When Evanee mouthed 'later', he awkwardly walked backwards into the living room, forgetting all about his snack.

"Why don't you go to the restroom really quick and wash your face and when you come back, we can go join them again, yeah?"

"That sounds great. Thank you again Evanee. I regret the times I was a bitch to you."

"All is forgiven. I'll go get you some snacks," Evanee said, watching Sydney walk away to the bathroom. She filled up a plate with nachos and mini hotdogs and headed to the couch where two empty seats were.

The guys were still way too invested in their game, except Jonathan who wasn't playing this round. He looked up at Evanee and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but she waved him off. She'd tell him later.

Sydney came in a few minutes, looking amazing. She was strong, Evanee knew that. Sometimes people come to a realization and their rationality leaves them. Evanee knew from experience and she didn't want Sydney to have to. Sydney was her friend. She was sure of that now and for her friend, Evanee would do her best not to get close to Evan. Even if she wanted that friendship from so long ago, she was going to help Sydney.

Not feeling like you're not enough to make someone happy was a horrible feeling and Evanee never wanted Sydney to have to feel like that, especially for Evan.

"Come on, I got you some nachos and a mini hot dog," Evanee said, smiling at her brightly.

"Who needs that mini hot dog when Evan lets her taste his every night," Craig joked, laughing his ass off between words.

Evan immediately paused the game and tackled Craig, slapping him silly.

"Take it back, bitch."

"You can't make me."

Everyone was laughing again and Evanee hadn't felt so happy for so long. She had more friends now and they were happy. If they were happy, so was she and she'd do her damn best to keep it that way, even if that meant sacrificing a few things along the way.

--------------

I'm really starting to like Sydney's character. Some of you might not trust her from the last book, but like, she seems nice. Why am I saying this? I'm actually writing the story... Vote and comment how you feel about Sydney

And as always I hope ye enjoyed(:)

P.S. Please go check out "The Boy Behind The Mask" on W1LDC4T43 's profile and "You Had Me At Hello" on deadm0usech1ck 's profile. We started our collabs and I'd think you guys would really enjoy it. Thank you