Chapter 5

"How about chores and things like that?"

"I'm totally fine with sweeping or vacuuming on a daily basis as well as laundry any day. I have a lot of money saved up right now from Manhattan and I'll be using that for rent since I'm still looking for a job. I can cook simple things and I'm a relatively tidy person. One thing I can't permit is washing dishes. I'll do both of our laundries, vacuum or sweep, cook, take out the trash, and all that other stuff but I can't stand doing the dishes."

He was sat back in his chair, no longer staring at Evanee but at the table in thought. Their food hadn't arrived yet so they were currently discussing different aspects of her moving in.

His eyes flicked up to hers again with a gentle smile. "You know about the noise and everything when I record. You're fine with that, right?" She nodded. "Relationships? Are you planning to bring guys in every once in a while?"

"I'm not looking for anymore flings. My college experience was filled with those and I want to focus on getting a new job before I start something serious."

There was satisfaction in her answer for the two of them. It was only then that she realized what she wanted and for Craig, it meant that she was not in a relationship and looking for something long-term. He had been wanting something like that as well.

The waiter had come up to them with an apology for their food taking a bit longer than usual to cook. Craig saw this as a test for Evanee. How well did she treat others she did not know?

"Oh, it's fine. It wasn't your fault," she smiled at him. The kind smile was returned and the waiter placed their dishes on the table. "Thank you."

That was more than enough for him. Plus, he had recently gotten into contact with David and they had talked for a while about Evanee. Apparently she had a past with four of his closest friends. They were once friends in high school. Not only that, she dated Vanoss.

The sudden flash of 'Bros before hoes' flashed in his mind but he quickly disregarded that. It was a childish thing. As adults, he believed that if a two people liked each other, past relationships didn't matter.

From what David had told him, Evanee was charismatic, opinionated, kind, and spontaneous. Overall, she was a bit difficult to manage but according to David, she was worth it. Their call had ended on that note. Though Craig was a bit suspicious of David's last with Evanee since he spoke so highly of her.

"I absolutely adore phô," Evanee told him after she had added everything to her soup. "And this place isn't that far away from your apartment, right?"

"It's in five minutes walking distance. After this, since you took a taxi, we can walk over to the apartment and you can have a look," Craig offered.

Her green eyes lit up as she nodded and began eating. The two ate in comfortable silence. There was a few small conversations about past stories and more things about Craig's apartment but nothing much of importance.

After they had split the bill, they walked together towards Craig's apartment and Evanee was ecstatic seeing how nice the neighborhood was.

There weren't as many children playing in the streets like in Manhattan but friendly neighbors sat out on their balconies or at their doorsteps, greeting Evanee and Craig as they walked on by.

He had stopped in front of a certain complex. The complex looking as if it were an actual house but they were stopped by Craig's neighbor before they went in.

"Craig? Is that you?"

His voice was raised as he talked to the kind older lady. "Yes, Mrs. Hyslop. It's me. How are you today?"

"Oh, I'm fine. Thank you for asking, dearie. Did you finally bring a girlfriend home? It's about damn time."

Evanee was unsure of which was funnier; the fact that Craig's neighbor wanted him to bring a girl over or that she had said 'damn' in that soft voice of hers.

It was clear that Craig's cheeks turned a bit pink and Evanee couldn't help but laugh. "I'm not his girlfriend, but I might be his new roommate," she walked closer to the old lady and stuck her hand. "I'm Evangeline Pierce. Pleasure to meet you."

Instead of shaking her hand, Mrs.Hyslop took the young woman's hand in hers and smiled. "Such a beautiful girl," she complimented. Then she looked around Evanee to stare at Craig. "You better treat her right, Craig!"

She then ushered them to Craig's house, not before smiling again at Evanee and staring at Craig, making him shift uncomfortably.

The poor boy actually sighed in relief once they were inside. "I'm so sorry about that. She's a nice lady and since she can't hear all that well and we're at the end of the street, nobody complains about my shouting."

"I liked her. So how about a tour?" Evanee asked, linking her arms with his.

"Right this way, beautiful."

Apparently the complex had two bedroom and one bathroom as well as a small kitchen, living room, and laundry room. It was two stories though and the bedrooms and bathroom were upstairs.

"My setup is actually in the living room so when you do move in, I apologize for you having to hear me shout all the time and spaz out in my chair," he laughed.

Her face lit up with a sly smile. "When I move in? So you want me here?"

"Of course. Everything works out and I actually talked to David about it too and it really seems like a good idea. So how about it?"

"I'll move in as soon as I possibly can," she beamed. "Thank you so much, Craig."

"Anything for you."

-----------------

Really short unedited chapter. So sorry. School has been really stupid and I'm not sure which AP classes I should be taking next year and I just joined the National Honors Society so everything is just plain hectic.

Also if you guys have any more ideas, like small ideas that I can use in the next few chapters, it'd be great if you could suggest something. Vote and comment

And as always I hope ye enjoyed(:)