Chapter 8

"Can you repeat that?"

"I said you have to come with me and Sydney and the other guys to La Jolla Beach today. You can bring Kelly if you want," Evan said hopefully. It wasn't much of a request, more like a subtle command and Tyler wasn't all that amused.

Evan could hear Tyler's frustrated groan on the other end. "So what you are telling me is that I have to go with you, Sydney, Nogla, and Jonathan to some stupid beach? And you called me at two in the morning just for that? We go places all the time Evan and I talk to you almost everyday. Leave me the fuck alone."

Anybody and everybody who was acquainted with Tyler knew that his for of sentiment was expressed through insults and cussing so Evan wasn't all that affected by Tyler's pissy mood. Plus, he had a point. Calling him at two in the morning was a bit stupid but this seemed like an emergency to Evan.

He'd finally be able to apologize to his ex-girlfriend and hopefully make up so that he wouldn't regret losing a best friend. Even if he was with Sydney now, Evanee was his best friend before his girlfriend and he didn't want to lose that friendship. It might have taken three years, but he finally would attempt to fix everything.

"Tyler," Evan pleaded," do this for me. Evanee wanted all of us to be there like old times and I want that too."

"Why didn't you tell me this was for Evanee, dipshit? I'll go, just text me when and where exactly. Kelly has work all day tomorrow so she won't be able to go though."

"Wait. Hold up. Not that it's important, but I don't remember you being so kind just for Evanee."

Tyler didn't say it aloud, but he could practically sense the slightest hint of jealousy. It infuriated him. It had been three whole years of Evan absolutely not talking to her and being mad at Evanee, but now that she's back, he seems to get all protective again. He already had a girlfriend for fucks sake.

It wasn't long before Evan apologized for that odd comment, to which Tyler kind of forgave him. "I haven't exactly talked to her much, but Kelly has. She hasn't been in the best of moods, Evan. Ever since she came back from Massachusetts, she's been really distant. Not only that, she looks really different. Something happened in Massachusetts and Kelly has been trying to coax Evanee into telling her, but she hasn't said much about living there. Just be careful, Evan. She just came back and I don't want to see her leave again."

"Yeah, I'll text you about the beach later. Tell Kelly I said hi."

"I'm not waking her up. Night loser."

"Goodnight, Tyler."

--------------------

Apparently Craig was a lot less chill whenever he was forced to do things in a limited amount of time. When Evanee woke up at five thirty for her usual morning jog, she wasn't expecting Craig to be awake.

"When did you leave? Where did you go? What kind of note is this?" Craig repeatedly asked questions, holding up the sticky note Evanee left on his computer screen.

"If you haven't noticed Craig, I've been running two miles every morning at five thirty and I shower before you even wake up. And that note clearly states that you have thirty minutes to pack your things for the beach. We are going to La Jolla!"

She began walking to the bathroom to wash off the icky feeling of sweat covering her body.

"What do you mean thirty minutes? I haven't even eaten yet. Who else is going?"