Chapter 2

(A/N: The picture is what Evanee's hair is supposed to look like and eyebrow's if you guys like. Her face is whatever your imagination would like to see her as)

The week had gone by quickly, leaving Evanee with a sense of urgency. She'd be leaving another important place once again and she didn't want to have to go through the emptiness of no longer being able to enjoy the silence of the local park in the mornings or the cup of coffee she always had before class.

It hadn't even occurred to her how horrible it felt to leave a place she kept close to her heart until the night before her and David were going to leave for their flight.

All they had done in the past week was discuss the past and catch up on their two separate lives. They both had learned more about each other. Things that weren't true three years before.

To David's surprise, Evanee had a membership at the local gym that she visited at least three times a week. Not only that. She also ran a mile every morning around six thirty or seven, which was three laps around the entirety of the park near her apartment. She had a bit of chips and other snacks in her cabinet, but most of her food supply consisted of fruits, vegetables, and organic products.

When David had asked why the change in her routine, she answered with,"Nursing made me realize the importance of a healthy lifestyle." He didn't question her any further after that. Instead, he tried to live like she did with her healthy meals and constant workouts.

"I've never felt so sore," David complained, pulling his luggage to a halt. "How are you feeling?"

"Perfectly fine," Evanee grumbled. She wasn't sore at all. What had made her so annoyed was the fact that she had left her home. At five thirty in the morning, she had given her tenant her keys back and made sure that she didn't leave anything in her apartment. "You mind getting me a caramel macchiato at the Starbucks over there," she asked, handing him a five.

David hadn't even responded and just grabbed the five, assuming that she wanted the largest cup, which Evanee did.

There was a certain edge to David in the early morning that hadn't gone unnoticed by Evanee. He wasn't that carefree guy in high school anymore. She still wondered if he even sang anymore. It had been a few months since he had posted a cover on his YouTube channel.

The thought disappeared as soon as a warm cup of coffee had reached her hands and she smiled up at David gratefully.

Her green eyes lit up at the warm taste of caramel dancing on her tongue. "Thanks for not mentioning that I was going back to California with you in your video."

"Of course I wouldn't mention it after you asked me," David said with a warm smile. "I couldn't find you at first since you went to sit down here. I thought you were a guy at first."

"How sweet," Evanee said sarcastically, laughing a bit.

"It was the hair and clothes I guess. At least I recognized you when I saw your face."

There was no point in disagreeing with him. The burgundy beanie on her head, slightly baggy jeans, large white tee shirt, black combat boots, and David's leather jacket gave off a somewhat boyish look. Not that Evanee minded.

They sat beside each other silently, both still a bit tired. Evanee had gone to sleep much later than she usually did the night before. It was a miracle she had even gotten a few hours of sleep with the recent move and all.

Gemma also knew that Evanee was going home soon, but she hadn't know that she'd be going home that day so it'd be a surprise which Evanee was actually excited for. Though that excitement faded when she realized that the flight would take a while. From lack of sleep, Evanee fell asleep quickly once she had her earphones in.