One Hell Of A Story

"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW???"  Emma shrieked so loud I'm pretty sure, old Ms Cahill, my deaf neighbour three doors down could hear her.

"You and McKibben? And I'm the last to know???? "

After the P. D. A and coming out.. It was like the whole video tape incident all over again.

Every one knew that Chris and I were an item before I could even go back to school the next day.

Emma came rushing at me after art talking about some text she got, alerting everyone about the new "it" couple.

"what the fuck does that even mean???? " I ask about the outdated lingo my fellow classmates still chose to follow.

" Doesn't matter, but what does matter is how the funnanigans did you not tell me this?? "

I roll my eyes at Emma's rage language.
Its basically this weird talk she gets  into when she is mad.
Which should be reason enough for me to be scared but I know this anger will only get worse when she finds out the truth about Chris and I.

Which as much as I want it to, won't be now.

I go back to the conversation I had with Chris regarding  this a few days back to remember exactly why.

" Oh come on, I can't not tell Emma"
I say whilst pretending to read the History book in front of me.

Chris was on his back on the floor a similar text book covering his face as he rested his hands behind his head.

"Yes, you can..."
His voice was muffled by the book but he still lay unmoving.

I stared at him from my position on the bed and tried hard to remember why exactly I ever agreed to this.

If Emma found out from somewhere else about all this.. I don't know how she will react.

"Chris you're not understanding me, Emma will smell the bullshit from 100 miles away and then we're screwed because we didn't tell her"

Chris removes the text book from his face and sits up to face me.

"And what if we did tell her, do you honestly expect me to believe she would be on board with this whole thing? "

I look at Chris and suddenly realise what he means.

Emma is okay with many things, but knowing her, if she found out about us, she would talk me out of this before I can say revenge.

" No"I say, my voice barely audible.

"Exactly! "

Chris gets up and sits next to me on my bed.

My mom was in the kitchen making us dinner and I had finally introduced Chris to her as my friend.

We both had decided that for there to be any kind of hope to pull this off, we had to make this seem as real as possible.

Whenever we come out in school, we would both tell our parents too, or in my case parent.

I didn't want to lie to my mom, but doing this would also get her off my back about "living and falling in love and all that crap"  I know she means well, but she doesn't know the half of it and I for one am not planning on telling her, so for now this was my only way out.

" Its okay if you don't want to do it anymore.. I'll understand "

I look at Chris to see him looking at me, concern and an emotion I can't name glazing his green eyes.

I move up into a sitting position before sighing.

"Of course I still wanna do it"

"Then what were you looking so worried about? "
Chris asks his brows furrowed in an annoyingly cute way.