12

She woke up to an unfamiliar surrounding.

"You're awake!" A girl hugged her.

She was confused for a moment but got back to reality. It was Minju.

"I was worried! The guys had left and don't worry, only I knew you fainted."

"And me" Yein popped out of nowhere.

She got up persistently, ignoring the weak state she was in. Minju frowned and pinned her down.

''Jae, please,'' She look into her eyes. ''Stop being so uptight.''

''T-This is none of- of you---''

''See? The more stubborn you are, the weaker you get.'' Yein said.

''Jae, sooner or later, you need to tell them the truth.'' Her eyes widen.

''What truth?'' Did they found out? Shoot.

''About your state.'' Thank goodness.

Her breath hitched. ''Thank you for the concern but I know my own state,'' She got up. ''Would you excuse me, I'll go report myself in. Good day.''

She's still the same, nothing about her change, just the fact that she got colder, that's for sure.

- - - - -

''What?''

''You heard me right, you'll need to protect the seven of them during their stay in Busan.'' Leader Yoo said.

''But--- sir!'' She rubbed her temples. To think that she actually thought of having a little bit personal space to herself when she heard that her boss is going to Busan but no, he just had to add in that last line.

''Fine, but send me some helpers.''

''Worry no more, I got this.'' He pressed onto the button on his phone. ''Send them up.''

Few knocks were heard. ''Come in.'' And the door opened.

''429, Joohyun reporting in for duty.''

''430, Youngji reporting in for duty.''

That's when she mentally facepalmed. Great, newbies.

She was practically the only girl in the whole academy and lately girls had applied to be in the academy as well, don't tell me it's them. they barely got their first badge!

''We both are from first grade, trying to earn our badges through this mission, and it'll be a good thing as we can learn from 007 sunbae!''

Why is life so hard on her.