Kota grabs one of the pillows and throws it on the pull out then picks me up and carries me, bridal style and lays me gently down.

"Goodnight Sweetie"

"Goodnight Kota. Goodnight Sean... Thank you for saving me" I didn't mean for that last part to slip out and it had been very quiet. Maybe they hadn't heard. But it was true. They saved me. I couldn't lose them now.

That was the last thing I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

****

Kota's POV

I looked across at Sang again. Almost as soon as I lay her down, little snuffling snores started coming from her. It was the sweetest thing I had ever heard. Doc smiled at me then sat down next to me on the window seat.

"So what did Mr. B say?" I asked quietly. A bit afraid of the answer and also afraid of waking Sang up.

"Oh, he huffed and puffed and asked why we didn't call sooner. Then he asked about her, her injuries and her situation. He then called Victor and woke him to do some research into the family. Owen said he would be here in the morning with a report in hand, ready to meet her."

I cringed mentally. Mr. Blackbourne was a supportive person who loved his family with all of his heart. But. He came off as abrupt and uncaring sometimes. I was worried that that may scare Sang away from us.

I sighed. "There is not a lot we can do about it except wait and see how it goes."

Doc surprised me by grinning widely at me "Have you not noticed that she has this incredible ability to break down your walls just by looking at you? I have no doubt that Owen will be the same... He will HATE that, but once he meets her, he will have no way of turning back. Just like we don't."

I frowned at him. I could turn back if I wanted to. But I didn't want to. She just felt like a part of me. Us. "She feels like she belongs with us, Doc" I try and explain

"Exactly!"

Ok, now he was just trying to confuse me. "We should get some rest if Mr. B is going to be here in the morning."

"Right you are my young comrade! Tomorrow will be an interesting day!"

Doc jumped up and grabbed a blanket off of the bed and folded it into a pallet. I followed suit and then Threw him the second pillow I brought up. We lay down, and both were asleep in minutes.

*****

Sang POV

I feel like I am floating on the ceiling looking down at myself in bed. I look peaceful. Kota is in the other bed next to me, and Sean is on the floor beside me. I feel so calm with them around me and I look over the scene with happiness. I have never felt so content before than when I am with them. I hear the door at the bottom of the stairs open and heavy footfalls creak their way up towards us. The figure at the top of the stairs is black and smoky and my happiness dissolves into fear. The boys didn't hear it coming. I try to yell out, but my throat is raw like I just drank lemon and vinegar. It takes a step nearer, and the figure resolves a little. Another step and it resolves a bit more. It's my mother. She found me. She knows where I am. She lifts her hand and smiles as she holds up a knife. She told me she would kill me one day. I try to move but I can't. I can't move, and I can't scream! She walks forward but doesn't come to my side of the bed, she goes to Kotas. Lifting the knife she pulls it across his throat creating a vivid, bloody line. He gasps, clutching at his throat and then stills. Then she walks over to where Sean lays on the floor next to me and saws the knife across his throat. His eyes fly open and he looks into my eyes. He reaches toward me and gurgles out 'RUN'... But I can't move. A scream finally tears through my broken throat as she plunges the knife into my heart.