Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

I'm not fully sure what kind of techniques he uses, but I know mine never failed me. I had many convinient ideas, and observed everything around me. My Kekkei Genkai was what usually allowed me to carry on with those ideas.

That's why Shikamaru and I get along so easily, it's always interesting sparring with him. But considering he's a lazy little grump, it's sometimes hard for me to get him to train with me.

"You will soon get to see the true meaning of a Yoshida." He said, glaring at me hatefully. I remained quiet, watching him through stoic eyes.

"Speechless are you?" He rose a mocking brow, smirking.

I spoke up in a calm, yet tenacious tone."If a true Yoshida is one that is controlled by hate and feeds off the weakness of others, then...... a true Yoshida is not a true ninja."

The proctor looked at us for confirmation, and we both gave him a curt nod. He nodded as well."Let the battle begin!"

As soon as the words left his mind, I distanced myself away from Basil, landing in my typical crouch position, observing him.

"You have no idea of what you believe in." He stated. "Family?Love? Who needs such trivial things in life."

My eyes widen slight at the words that weren't any different from what Gaara had said back at the hospital. I clenched my teeth, shaking my head and went back to the task at hand.

My concentration did not stop me from retorting,"I don't know what you've been through... But I am sure of one thing....." I rose to my feet, looking at him softly. "I will not give up on you, you're my brother no matter how much you don't want to accept it."

With those words ringing in the air, Basil immediately rose both arms, two large vines, coming at me from both sides. I ran forwards, jumping over to another side, the vines barely missing me.

"I am not your brother" He spat, venom filled in all of his words. "You are nothing to me."

He's beggining to lose his composure, and patience. I've notice that he has this intimidating, yet calm air about him. At this moment though, the calm part is starting to ease it's way out of him.

I felt something behind me, and I began to flip to the right repeatedly, trying to avoid all of the vines he has to offer. Only what Basil didn't realise is that I was beggining to get closer to him.

When I was close enough I lifted my foot in attempt to kick him. He caught my ankle in his hand.

"Is that really all you got?"He mocked. I used my hand to go for a punch, allowing him to catch my fist."How weak and idiotic can you get?"

I smirked."Well when you're related to an idiot like you, you feel more intelligent then you really are." His gripped tightened and I refused the urge to wince, instead I smirked.

My vines wrapped around his leg, and he let me go. I backed up as my vines binded his arms. "You really should keep your anger at bay." I advise."You may not realize this..... But it could be used as a great advantage to your opponent."

"What?" He questioned confused as he struggled against my vines. I began to run in fast circles all around him, dust flying up behind me. I skidded to a stop.

"Well you see Basil, most Yoshhida can't manipulate any plants when their arms are binded." I explained. "Or in your case, occupied. You were holding my foot and fist, while I had one free hand, meaning with a flick of a wrist I could manipulate my vines."

Then it was his turn to smirk. I felt something slither around my waist. His vines!

"H-How?!" I gasped in disbelief. His vines threw me towards a wall, but I was prepared and landed in a crouched position, sticking to it with chakra.