Two

Dallon walks into the high school as soon as the bell rings. He gets a few rude glances and surprised faces due to his height. He always hated being so tall because he gets a ton of unneeded attention.

"Hey, Dal Pal. How was your summer?" Melanie says while walking next to him. Melanie was a girl that Dallon met on Tumblr, not knowing that they went to the same school. They have a lot in common considering that they both live their lives on the website.

"Shittier than the mobile Tumblr app. What about you?"

Melanie giggles and says quietly, "Gay as always."

Dallon stops at his locker. "Do we share any classes? I forgot."

"Um, second period I think. I'll cya there." Mel smiles, showing her adorable tooth gap.

"Alright, cya Mel." He smiles, opening his locker and shoving his backpack in there. He unzips it and grabs his binder and a pencil pouch with all the supplies he needs. It's the first day, so he doesn't need much.

Dallon closes his locker and stumbles into the crowded hall filled with giggling girls and smelly guys. He looks around for Tyler, one of his friends from kindergarten. It's probably impossible to find him in a hallway that has at least fifty kids jam packed into it.

He gives up and just walks into his first period class, which is history. He looks around for a desk in the back corner where he can just be on his phone for the hour. Dallon finds the spot and plops down in it, shoving his binder and other things into the desk and waiting for the other people to file in.

A few minutes pass and the bell rings, everyone in there except the teacher. All the girls are huddled together and the guys are throwing a paper airplane at each other. Dallon is just sitting there all alone because he has no friends.

All the sudden, the teachers busts into the room. His hair is a fiery red and he's wearing what a sixteen year old emo would. "Class, sit down! We have a ton of stuff to work on." He walks to the front of the class as everyone quickly paces to their seat.

"Hello, class. My name is Mr. Way and I'll be here to ruin your angsty, hormone-filled lives. We'll introduce ourselves one by one and include something we like to do in our free time. No inappropriate answers, please. I've gotten plenty of those."

The class laughs and Mr. Way points to the first kid in the first row. She stands up and introduces herself. "Hi, I'm Hayley. I, um, like to volunteer at the animal shelter, I guess." She sits back down and points to the next kid. They introduce themselves and the cycle repeats until they get to Dallon.

Dallon awkwardly clears his throat and stands, running his hand through his hair. "I'm Dallon and I spend all my time on Tumblr." He sits back down and slouches, looking back at Mr. Way.

"Well, I guess we should go over rules." Mr. Way takes the school handbook out of his pocket and begins reading off each one of the rules.

-

Dallon somehow makes it out of first period with only mild embarrassment. Dallon heads back to his locker and puts his school supplies in there to head to second period, which is PE.

Dallon hates PE with a burning passion due to the fact that he can't sports. The only reason why he enjoys it is because Mel and him have it the same period and they can complain together.

After Dallon puts his things in his locker, he begins to walk to the gym. He turns around and walks into what he thinks is a cleared hallway but no. Dallon walks into one of the most popular kids in the whole school, knocking his textbooks and supplies out of his hands.

"Oh my god I am so so so sorry." Dallon says, going down to help pick up his stuff. But Dallon being the awkward mess he is, him and the other kid head butt each other.

"Oh shit so sorry." Dallon says again, just letting him take care of it.

"It's fine, dude. Chill." The other kid says. Looking up at him. In that moment, Dallon's flaming homosexuality decides to come out. He looks right in his big, brown eyes and gets lost in them.

"I, uh-uh, yeah okay." Dallon says in a panic and getting the fuck out of there. He realizes how much he just screwed up. Maybe he could survive the rest of the day without being an awkward mess. Probably not.