Three

"So... You're in love with Brendon Urie. The infamous asshole of the whole school? Good luck, Dal Pal." Melanie says, shoving a piece of chocolate into her mouth.

"Okay, but, to be fair. He looked at me the same way I was looking at him." Dallon says with a bit of hope.

"I doubt it, Dallon. That's like Josh being into me. Hell, even talking to me..." Tyler trails off, picking at his thumb nail.

"A boy can hope." Dallon remarks with some sass.

"Y'know, I could go and try to win Brendon for you. He doesn't have to know about how gay I am. You'd get to spend time with him and stuff since I'm like, your only friend." Mel declares.

"I mean, I guess you could..." He says anxiously. "Or Brendon could catch on and just totally ostracize us from every school group ever and ruin our lives."

"You're too pessimistic, Dallon."

"Yeah yeah. That's like me going and getting Ashley over here and yelling at her to make out with you."

"I don't even like her..." Mel blushes and takes a bite out of her chocolate."

"Mhmmm. Sureee." Tyler says patronizingly.

"Oh my god shut up Tyler." Mel replies. They all laugh loudly and get a ton of attention from everyone around them.

"Shit guys be quiet we're getting attention." Tyler says anxiously.

"Oh my god people are actually acknowledging our existence." Mel replies condescendingly. Tyler rolls his eyes and the bell rings, notifying every single teenager to go back into hell.

"Damnit. Cya at 6th period." Dallon says while standing. They all go to theatre/drama at that time.

"Cya." The other two say, following each other to their next period.

Dallon waddles through the halls to 4th period, which is ELA. He has that class two periods because he's more advanced than the majority of the other kids. And that's the only class he has with Brendon. He goes to his locker and grabs his supplies, heading to class.

-

"Mr. Urie, sit next to... Dallon."

Brendon strolls over next to him and puts his stuff down. "Well it's your lucky day," Brendon says sarcastically. Dallon laughs uncomfortably as he sits down.

"You're stuck with me for the rest of the year. I'd relax if I were you. Everyone else would stab a bitch to even say a word to me." He slouches and crosses his ankles under the desk.

"I'm Dallon. Nice to meet you, too." Dallon says with a ton of sass.

"Alright, pull out your school handbooks and read pages four through six." The teacher announces.

"Ugh, we have to read?" Brendon says while pulling the handbook out of his notebook and flipping to the assigned pages. "The first day is always the most boring."

Dallon looks up from his phone finally, "Hmm? Oh, we're reading now. Okay. Um..." He reaches in his desk for the handbook and flips to the pages written on the whiteboard.

Brendon chuckles and sits up a bit, putting his elbows on the desk and propping his head up with his hands. He sighs and closes the book, waiting for everyone else to finish.

"So what do you do, Dallon?"

"Whadya mean?"

"Hobbies, fetishes, et cetera."

"I spend 90% of my life on my laptop in my bedroom."

"So you don't do sports or anything like that?"

"Oh hell no. I can't even kick a ball without falling on my face."

"Damn, I was hoping I could get someone I actually enjoy talking to on the football team."

"We've known each other for six minutes, dude. I can't even stand myself."

Brendon laughs, "You're entertaining. I don't know why, you're just different."

"I-well fair enough." Dallon stuffs the handbook back into his desk and blushes. He really shouldn't make a fool out of himself if he wants a chance with Brendon. But it's Dallon, he's going to screw up somehow.