Truth or Dare (boyxboy)||Chapter 9: Pretty interesting

Picture of Dylan Preed
---------------------------

Colton

I woke up with the strangest feeling. Normally, I wake up in pain. My head throbbing and my body aching, my cheeks dry from tear stains. But not then, no. Then, I felt amazing. I felt perfectly rested and healthy.

I was warm, so perfectly warm, and I felt safer than I have my entire life. Without opening my eyes, I tried to recall where I was and why I felt this way, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

So, I slowly opened my eyes.

That was a mistake waiting to happen. My face immediately heated up while I bit my lip to keep myself from letting out a squeak of surprise. I was in a bed, with Tristan Tucker. The annoying kid that kept bothering me at school.

He was laying next to me, arms wound tightly around my waist, almost...protectively?

I started getting really really hot, so I slowly slid out of his arms and sat on the edge of the bed.

Did we...?

Hell no! Please, God tell me we didn't..oh god oh god oh god..

I started to hyperventilate at that thought. Did I do something with this boy? Why am I here? What time is it....

Wait...

My breath hitched in my throat as my eyes scanned the room frantically for a clock.

5:30 pm

"Shit!" I hissed, stumbling out of the bed and onto the hard floor. I started to panic. I was so late. If papa hurt Dylan...

At that thought, I bolted toward the door after grabbing my phone off of the nightstand. I heard rustling and a small noise and I froze in place.

"Hm? Colton where are you going?" Tristan asked, his voice raspy from sleep.

"U-Uhm...I'm sorry. I have to go. My...my little brother needs me.."

He frowned and stood up, walking over to me and cupping my face in his hands. After a few seconds, he moved the back of his hand to my forehead, then pulled away.

"Okay...I suppose you'll be alright, just don't push yourself okay? You were really sick and you slept for hours on end. Just promise me you'll get some more sleep tonight, okay?"

I looked at him, confused as to why he was acting so motherly. Why does he even care? He let out a heavy sigh and I immediately felt warm arms wrap around me and pull me into that same heavenly feeling that I'd woken up to.

"Please, Colton? I'm worried about you." My heart skipped a beat at his words and I slowly wrapped my arms around his waist and layed my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes and nodding. I could feel his smile behind me as he pulled away. I reluctantly let go of him and opened my eyes.

He gave me a big smile, "Okay! My mom will be mad that you left so soon because she was excited to make dinner for three for once." He laughed as we walked out of his room, side by side.

"O-Oh, I'm really sorry..I would stay if I could.." I lied. I mean, I guess it wasn't a lie, I would stay if I could, but I wouldn't have eaten. Plus, I couldn't stay anyway, Dylan needed me.

"Nah, it's fine. I'll just pack up your share and bring it to you for lunch tomorrow. You'll not want to miss it, my mom is a wizard in the kitchen." He winked at me. I smiled at him as well as I could, but my mind was more focused on not throwing up in that moment.

The very mention of food makes my stomach flip. The memories flood back to me like a wave every time. I was interrupted from my thoughts before a panic attack could surface,

"Plus, you really look like you need to eat, you're so thin...when's the last time you ate?" He looked at me with a seriously concerned expression as he opened the front door and allowed me to walk outside before him.

I bit my lip as I walked, praying that he would let that question drop. But of course, I'm not that lucky.

"Colton? Answer me, Colton, when was the last time you ate something?" He sounded so serious.. It sort of scared me.

I began to panic. What do I say?! "...I don't know, like this morning...t-that doesn't matter. I gotta go." I turned quickly and grabbed the door handle.

"Colton wait a second-"

With that, I slammed the door behind me. Once I was out of sight, I bolted. Panic rose in my chest as I prayed to whatever God is above that my little brother would be alright.

The soles of my shoes hit against the pavement as I ran down the run-down streets, scanning each side for my house. Finally, I got to the old, messy shack that I'm supposed to call home.

I pushed my way through the gate and burst through the door. I walked further inside, breathing shakily as I began looking for Dylan. Suddenly, an earth-shattering scream echoed through the house, causing me to sprint toward and up the stairs.

More screams and yelps sounded from one of the rooms upstairs. Determined to find the source of this scream, I checked every room.

Finally, I slammed open Dylan's bedroom door just in time to see a muscular man straddling my baby brother. Dylan layed there helpless and sobbing with his arms tightly pinned against his sides as the man punched him repeatedly.

Anger pierced my lungs and rose up to my cheeks as I began to scream at the man, "GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY BROTHER YOU SICK BASTARD!!"

I immediately punched the larger man in the jaw, sending him flying off of the bed and away from my brother, who immediately tried to push himself up and away from the man. As quickly as I could, I gathered him up in my arms along with a blanket and rushed into the bathroom, locking the door and sitting on the floor against it.

Dylan let out a desperate sob as he clung to my body, shaking madly. I gently stroked his head and held him tightly, holding back tears as I whispered to him,

"It's okay. I'm here now. I'm so sorry, Dylan, I'm so so sorry. You're okay."

He choked on his tears and let out a quiet whimper, "I-It hurt...h-he kept h-hitting me a-and...." He broke down into another fit of sobs and I held him tighter, guilt exploding all over my body,

"Hey, shhh, it's okay. You're okay, baby. You're safe now." I kissed him on the forehead and then let go of him so I could wrap the blanket around him securely. I then held him tightly again and ran my fingers through his hair. There was a long period of time where he just sat there and cried, me comforting him as much as possible. Finally, I broke the silence as his sobs turned into quiet whimpers, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been out so late. I'm so sorry, Dyl."

He shifted on my lap so he was comfortably laying against my chest, his head on my shoulder and his shaky breath on my neck. I kept running my fingers through his hair as he played with a loose thread on my shirt.

"It's okay...I-I'm okay now.." He whispered, taking a deep breath. "So...where were you, anyway?"

I sighed and let out a weak laugh, kissing his head and resting my cheek in top if his hair. "It's been a a pretty interesting day for me.."