Chapter 30

*Julie's POV*
*Weeks Later*

So to say things have been rough between Mal and I. We've been trying so hard but the feeling of being in love is fading away and we both know it. We've started sleeping in separate beds, we barely look at each other, let alone talk to each other. Moms have been trying their best to get us back together but I don't think they understand. I'm angry at them for breaking our bond in the first place. I know they did it so Amelia and I could survive but having this empty feeling in my chest every waking moment isn't worth it. The only time that aching pain in my chest goes away is when I see Mal with Amelia. Even though we haven't been in the best of situations we both refuse to let it effect her. I don't care what happens Mal is and will always be Amelia's mother. School starts in a few days and since Mal is taking off time from training she's going to be coming back to school. I just hope its won't cause more tension. I go downstairs to eat breakfast with the pack. Everyone has been walking on eggshells since that day so breakfast is quite and uneventful. I see that Mal and Amelia aren't here so I get up and go to the river. I find both of them sitting on a rock. Mal is talking and Amelia is sitting there with a smile on her face. I look at how they interact with each other and it brings me joy. I make my way towards them and sit next to Mal.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." She says.

Amelia takes my hand in hers and she takes Mal's in her other. Something happens and for the first time since that night the ache that has been sitting in my chest is somewhat gone. I look at Mal and I can tell that she feels it too. I place my hand on her face and I lean in. I didn't know if she wanted this but our lips were barely touching and before I could react I felt Mal's lips on mine. It was driving me crazy and in that moment I knew that we would be alright.

"Julie, I need you." Mal whispers.

I called Ali and had her bring Amelia back to the house. Mal lead us somewhere deeper into the forest. After a while we arrived at a cabin. Mal opens the door for me and we make our way inside.

"When did you find this?" I ask.

"Well when I was younger my father thought me and my brother many skills. There was no such thing as a man's place and a women's place in his mind. So when I wasn't training or spending time with you I was with my father. These past few weeks have been troubling so I've been with him more and to take my mind off everything we built this." Mal says.

"Its beautiful." I say.

"Your beautiful." Mal says.

She pulls me by my waist and when I take in a harsh breath she smirks. I looked into her eyes and saw pure lust. Mal lead me to the bedroom, both of us leaving a trail of clothing as we crave each others touch. Mal lays me ever so gently on the bed and pulls me in for a kiss. She pulls away and looks into my eyes.

"Are you sure you want this." She ask.

"I want this." I say.

That night I've never felt more wanted. That night we both knew our bond had been reformed and its stronger than ever.