Chapter 27

*Ali's POV*

"What do you mean I was taken?" I ask.

Kano sighs and runs her hands through her hair.

"My pack didn't take me being with a vampire to well. So I dropped you off at school one day and when I came back you were gone. They told me that some man came to get you and they had called me to confirm it. I had no clue what they were talking about so I went to find you. I couldn't and when I came back home I knew it was my Alpha. He told me that he gave you to your father and they told him if he ever came back they would kill him and you. That night I was cast out of my pack. I had nothing but hope that I could still find you so that's what I did. I spent years trying but it got to the point where I knew that if we were truly meant to be together that you would somehow find me. Or I hoped that your father would come back, which he didn't. I wanted to make a better life for myself so I went to school. I used my healing gift and expanded it. Do you remember the day I found you?" Kano ask.

I just nod my head.

*Flashback*

"I don't know why I said I would take you. I should have just left you with your mother." Dad says.

"I'm sorry, I'll try harder." I pleaded.

"I gave you more chances than enough. You are now nothing to me, you are worthless. I want you gone because you are no daughter of mine." Dad says.

"Dad please, don't do this." I sob.

"Leave, now."

I got up off my hands and knees and left. Not knowing where I was going but I just ran. I ran until I collapsed, I laid there. It started to rain and I got all muddy. I cried myself to sleep that night feeling empty. The next day I got up and kept walking, I was near a city and didn't go further in because I was raised in the wild. So I stayed and waited. I was hungry and I tried to control myself but I smelled a man. He was camping and from here I could smell the food he was cooking. So I ran towards him but when I got closer he stood up and pulled out a knife.

"Please, don't hurt me." I say.

The guy drops the knife and smiles.

"Don't worry, I didn't know it was just a little girl." He say.

I look over the fire and see he was making burgers. The guy follows my eyes to where I was looking.

"Are you hungry?" He ask.

I nod my head.

"Well I'm happy to share with you, as long as your willing to give in return." He says.

I didn't understand what he meant until I undid his belt and zipper. He got closer to me and me he was inches away from my face I turned and sunk my teeth into his neck. He screamed out and tried to pull away but it was too late, I sucked every vein dry. To make sure he wouldn't come back to life I set his body on fire. I was going to walk away but when I turned around there were a lot of people standing behind me. I was ready to run but one of the ladies grabbed my arm she looked me in my eyes and I fell asleep. When I woke up I was on a couch, I sat up and tried to figure out where I was.

"She up." A blonde headed woman says.

There were less people than there at the camp site but there were still a lot of them.

"Where did you come from?" A lady ask me.

"I don't know. My father cast me out." I say.

"So your all alone?" A shorter woman ask.

"Yeah." I say.

There's a noise outside so we all walk out.

"Kano, what are you doing here?" A woman with a hat on ask.

"I felt something and it lead me here." Kano says.

"Well what was it?" The woman with the mesmerizing eyes ask.

"My daughter." Kano says.

Everyone looks at me and I look at Kano. She walks up to me and takes me hands. I feel this tingling sensation and I know she's telling the truth, she's my mom. She pulls me in for a hug but after a while I push her away.

"Where were you?" I ask.

"Its complicated." She says.

"How's it complicated? You know what's not complicated me growing up without you in my life. In case you were wondering my childhood was fucked up. Dad didn't give a shit about me." I say.

"I can't fix the past but we can have the present." She replies.

I just shake my head.

"I don't want to go with you." I say.

"Ali, look I know your upset about me not being there but give me a chance to explain myself." Kano says.

"I think you should go."

"Where are you going to stay?"

"I don't know yet but its not going to be with you. At least not now, not yet. I'm not ready for all of this."

"She can stay here." The lady with the eyes says.

Kano nods her head and kisses my cheek.

"Whenever your ready to talk I'll be here waiting." Kano says.

I nod my head and watch her take off. I follow the girls back into the house. We go in the living room and the girls introduce themselves to me.

"Okay so we'll talk and get this situated more in the morning." Hope says.

Kelley comes and takes my hand and brings me into our new room. At first I was a little scared but Kelley made me feel welcome.

"Don't worry, we all look out for each other here." Kelley says.

There's a knock on the door and Ashlyn comes in.

"I just wanted to make sure you both were okay." She says.

"We're fine, Ali is just a little nervous." Kelley says.

"Understandable but for now get some sleep. I'll come talk to you in the morning." Ashlyn says.

I nod my head and smile, I think I'm going to like it here.

---

"After that day I knew that if you ever wanted me to be apart of your life that you would come to me. When years past I figured that you had made up your mind. I didn't give up hope but I just didn't have as much as when you first came back." Kano says.

"I'm sorry I never let you explain what happened." I say.

"No, you have nothing to be sorry for. I should have been there to protect you from your father. But Ali I want to be apart of your life. We've missed so much time already." Kano says.

I nod my head and pull my mom in for a hug. She hugs me back and starts crying.

"Oh Mom don't cry." I say.

"I love you Ali."

"I love you too Mom."

After we were done having this heart to heart Hope and the girls came in with a guy. I'm guessing he's Amelia's birth father, this is about to get intense.