Chapter 22

*Few Months Later*

So these past couple of months have been good. Summer is almost over and some of the girls are going back to school in a few weeks. Julie and I have worked out what we are going to do with Amelia while she's at school and I'm training. She almost 4 months now, they grow up fast. Julie's been getting over the side effects of having the baby. Meaning her shape is almost back and she hasn't been sleeping as much. So Hope and Carli are allowing her to do more physically. Now aren't most of you wondering what the adults do while we're at school? Some of the girls go to college if they want and some go to work. I'm almost done with my training, there are 3 levels I need to pass before I'm able to go. The first level was learning about our world, the plants, animals, and supernatural species. The second level is learning about my powers and other's powers. The last level is mental and physical endurance. I'm physically fit but I could still use a little work on my mental. I need to learn how to control my body when my emotions are in the way. Because I'm the protector and a hybrid when I go into a "state of mind" if you want to call it that, where my body will merge itself and become one. Which is what happen last time but my body went into a state of shock because it couldn't handle it. But the council wants to make sure that won't happen anymore, that I can handle it. And when they see that I can I'm allowed to pass the class and I'm officially a master. Trust me it sounds easier than it is. I'm just horrible at explaining things. When I'm done with my training I'm going to have to finish high school. I only have a few mandatory classes and test I need to take before I decide if I want to go to college. Julie and I haven't really talked about what we are going to do with our futures. We are both still pretty young but now we have to do what best for Amelia. And both of her parents being gone for months at a time, yeah I'm pretty sure that's not it. Anyway I've been up all night thinking about this and my mind is just racing at 100 miles per hour. This is one of the rare nights Julie is sleeping and I don't want to wake her up so I just watch her and Amelia sleep. A few hours later I turn over and look at my phone, its 3 am and I groan. My door opens and I look up and see its Kling. She motions for me to come out with her. So I get out of bed throw, shirt on and walk downstairs to find Kling sitting on the couch. I go over and sit down next to her.

"Sleepless night?" Kling ask.

"You don't even know." I groan.

"Hey, even vampires need their sleep. We might not need as much as the rest of you but we need it. Wanna talk about it?" Kling ask.

"I just don't know and its scaring the living shit out of me." I say.

"You know not even the few of us that can foresee the future are able to know exactly what's going to happen. You just need to worry about what's going on now and things that you can control."

"Thanks, who knew you could be so wise."

"Hey I'm like triple your age."

"Oh yeah, how old are you anyway?"

"Really, didn't anybody ever tell you to never ask a women that question?"

"I mean yeah but your Kling."

"True. Oh and by the way don't believe everything you read in your history text books in school. Vampires would have said something but going to the government and saying I was there when so and so happened 600 years ago doesn't end too well."

I laugh and we turn on the TV, Twilight comes on and we sit and watch it together.

"WE DON'T GLOW IN THE SUN!" Kling yells.

I just start laughing. I hear noises and I run upstairs back into our room. I see Amelia is wide awake and Julie is still sleeping. I grab her and bring her downstairs with Kling and I.

"Hey little bit." Kling says when she sees I have the baby.

"She's a quite baby, well most of the time." I say.

Kling takes Amelia out of my arms.

"Come on not you too. Between my mom, Carli, Hope, Ali, Alex, Kelley, and Syd I'm never going to be able to hold her." I say.

"Exactly, this is probably one of the rare times I can hold her without one of them taking her." Kling says.

"True." I say.

I watch Kling making funny faces and Amelia and her smile and giggle. The three of us stay down here until morning. Amelia fell back asleep so Kling and I were just watching random movies on Netflix.

"How long have you both been up?" Carli ask.

"Well be both never went to sleep so." I say.

Carli laughs and comes and sits down next to me on the couch. She takes Amelia out of my arms and we start watching the movie.

"Don't you have training today?" Carli ask.

"Yeah but the council isn't here yet so I have a few minuets." I say.

As if on cue they all appear in the house.

"What happened to knocking?" I ask.

"What happened to being on time?" Abby ask.

I groan and get up and go upstairs to change my clothes. I walk into the room and go to the closet. I put on a pair of shorts and a muscle tee. I turn around and see JJ moving around on the bed. I go over and wake her up.

"Morning." She yawns.

"Morning." I say.

I lean down and peck her lips.

"Where's the baby?" She ask.

"Downstairs with your mom. She might be hungry soon." I say.

Julie gets out of the bed and pulls me into a hug.

"Babe, I gotta go." I say.

I sighs and kisses my neck.

"Okay." She says.

We both walk downstairs and meet the council in the living room.

"Let's go, your already late." Jill says.

I kiss Julie and go over and kiss Amelia on the cheek before leaving.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Don't ask questions until we get to the facility." Heather says.

We all start running and I feel the blood rushing through my body. We get to this building and it looks like a gym.

"What is this?" I ask.

"Here you will be pushed to your breaking point." Lauren says.

"Here you will maximize your potential." Shannon says.

"Here you will experience what true pain is." Becky says.