Chapter 29

*Mal's POV*

I was falling but then again I was fine. I just wanted to wake up and get out of this dark place but I couldn't. So I calmed down and tried to find a way out of this place. It was dark so I couldn't see anything, it felt like I was in a bad dream. Everything was fine until I felt an ache in my body, an unbearable ache. So I cried and yelled out. I couldn't take it anymore so I stopped fighting back and let myself continue to fall. The further I fell the weaker I felt and the strong the ache got. Finally I could open my eyes and so I did. I looked up and I saw Kano.

"Hey." She whispers.

"Hi." I croak out.

"How do you feel?" Kano ask.

"Empty." I say.

Empty, empty was the only word I could used to explain this horrible feeling. I got off the bed Kano had me laying on.

"Mal, just wait. Take it easy." Kano says.

I stumble a few times but I finally get my body to corporate. I start walking and get to the door but Kano stops me.

"Mal wait there are a few things you need to know first." Kano says.

I open the door but Hope, Ash, and Tobin are standing there.

"What is going on?" I ask.

"Mal sit down and we'll tell you." Tobin says.

I agree and sit back on the table.

"Your body couldn't handle the amount of poison it had in it so in order to keep you alive your body somehow spread the poison through the bond you have with Julie and Amelia. So the only way to make sure you three survive was to break the connection between you and Julie." Kano says.

"So are you telling me that Julie and I are no longer mates?" I ask.

Nobody says anything.

"Does Julie know about this?" I ask.

"Yeah." Ash says.

"How did she take it?" I ask.

"To say the least she's pissed the fuck off." Tobin says.

"I wanna see her." I say.

"Mal, are you sure?" Hope ask.

I just nod my head. Everyone leaves the room and when the door opens again its the blue eyed blonde haired woman I feel in love with. When we make eye contact Julie launches herself into my arms. I catch her and we both start to cry.

"I'm sorry." Julie says.

"No its my fault." I say.

"Hey, you didn't tell them to put that poison inside of you." Julie says.

I take in Julie's scent and its way off.

"What the hell?" I mumble.

"To break the bond Kano made someone imprint on me." Julie says.

"Who was it?" 

"I don't know, they won't tell me."

We stayed quite for a while.

"I still want to be with you." Julie says.

"I want to be with you too but how do we fix this?" I ask.

"Hey we just have to rekindle our bond, I love you Mal."

"I love you too Julie."

We both lean in and let our lips touch. There isn't that feeling like there use to be but we don't care.

"Where's the baby?" I ask.

"With my moms and speaking of moms yours is worried about you."

We both walk out of the room and meet the pack in the conference room. The first person to hug me is my mom.

"Thank god your okay." Mom says.

My mom kisses me on my cheek and forehead before letting me go. But then I smell it, the same scent that was on Julie.

"I know that smell." I say.

I look at Hope and she's looking at Carli, Ash, and Tobin. I start following it and it leads me down the hall to another room. Before I can go in Hope pushes me away.

"Why is he here?" I ask.

"We needed him to break the bond so the three of you could survive." Hope says.

"Does Julie know who he is?" I ask.

"No, we don't know how to tell her." Hope says.

"She's going to find out. It took me all of a few minuets how long do you think its going to take her?"

"Mal I know your angry but you don't understand."

"Your right about that, I don't understand why you had to have the guy that raped her imprint on her."

I walk away and go back into the conference room.

"Can we go now?" I ask the council.

"Yeah, also you won't be training for a while. We are sorry Mal, about everything." Jill says.

"If only sorry was enough." I say then walk out the building.

I don't wait for the rest of the pack, I just run back to our territory. I go to the river and sit on top of the rock. I let the memories of Julie and I play through my mind and they make me angry. They took my mate away from me, the one person I loved, the one person that loved me. I just wanted to be happy was that too much to ask? I sensed someone coming and I assumed it was Julie until the smell was different, it was Ash.

"Hey, I know this is hard but you and Julie will get through this." She says.

"How?" I ask.

"Do you still love her?" Ash ask.

"Of course I do, with everything inside of me. That's why this hurts so bad." I say.

"Hey if you can make your bond that strong once I'm sure if you both keep fighting and if you both want it you can reform that bond."

"It doesn't feel the same Ash. I feel lost and empty." 

"You need to push past that feeling. Julie was kind of like your pendant that you wear when you go into the human world, she keeps you grounded. You feel safe when your with each other."

"So what happens now?"

"Now you fight like hell and I can guarantee it won't be easy."