Chapter 41 : Choice

Magsimula sa umpisa

I don't want to see him like this. I don't want to see his crying face again just like what he looks like when their car is getting further and further from me. I tried to control my emotions. Trying not to cry or anything since the damage was already done. I gasped for something to breathe. "I don't want to ruin the moment but can you uhm ... wipe those tears away? It's a bit uncomfortable. I hate drama, by the way. But you see, my life is an opposite to my liking. You don't have to blame yourself. If it weren't for all the things that happened, we couldn't taste this relief on it's best. So ugh ... can you smile? For me? Hmm, Liam?" I almost stammer. Hindi ko kasi alam kung anong pwede kong sabihin sa kanya para mapawi ang lahat ng luha niya. Hindi pangkaraniwan para sa akin na babae ang makakita at makaranas na iyakan ng isang lalaki. I mean, me? This badass and hard-headed Alexandria? It's way too unbelievable. 

Tumakas naman ang kakaunting tawa matapos kong sabihin sa kanya iyon. Walang hiyang ito! Anong nakakatawa? Napansin ko naman na kinuha niya kaagad mula sa bulsa niya ang isang puting panyo at unang pinunasan ang mga luhang nahulog sa mga kamay ko at saka niya pinunasan habang nakayuko ang mga mata niya. After that, he finally raise his head with a weak smile on his face. Meeting my pale and calmed expression. "Heh, just the same Alexandria Cromello that I have met on the first day. Feisty, brave, tough, and straigh forward. Now, I think I just found out the reasons why I fell in love with you twice." he said and he formed a smirk that doesn't gives the feeling of insulting but still gives me that irritating feeling.

Agad na tumaas naman ang isang kilay ko sa kanya. Hindi ako makapaniwala na sinasabi niya sa akin 'yan ng diretsuhan at nang walang atrasan. Seriously. Is this really Spade Vantress? Kung ganoon, hindi ko siya uurungan sa mga ganyanan niya. It's like he's intimidating me or somehting and my nerves just can't stay still with it. "Hmph, so are you saying that on the first day, you already fell in love with me? Seriously? So cheap." I said with a fake disgusting gesture to irritate him. 

"Hahaha, cheap but sweet, don't you think? Oh come on, Alex. Don't worry. I'm not that much of a romanticist. But I tell you, I realized these feelings when Juno kidnapped you. If you're asking when does my admiration to you started, well, that's on the day when Charlene came." he answered boldly and directly. I can't help it. Sadyang napaawang na lang ng kakaunti ang bibig ko sa mga sinabi niya. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang una ko munang pagdududahan. Kung siya ba talaga si Spade o kung totoo ba ang mga sinasabi niya sakin. 

Luckily I was able to get myself altogether. Napahinga na lang ako ng malalim na siyang nakapagpatawa naman sa kanya na tila ba ito na ang siyang nagpapakita ko ng pagsuko sa mga pinagsasasabi niya. "Shut up, Vantress. What's up with you? What happened to the quiet, mysterious, and cold leader of the ten heads? Why are you answering my questions so boldly?" I asked, still amused on the way he geared up for that answer. 

"Nothing. Let's just say, I just found the thing I have lost for a decade and now, it is on my possession." he shortly replied with a smirk. 

"Are you pertaining to me?"