21.5 Deleted Scene (Or Alternate Ending or Something)

A/N: This is a little deleted part from the last chapter. I felt it didn't quite fit and it was only making it harder for me to end the story. I guess you could call it an alternate ending? It takes place right before Tamaki starts to read the notebook (I originally wrote this instead, but deleted it and wrote the notebook part instead). It was going no where and I was struggling to end it how I wanted to, so I just deleted it and put it here. I didn't want all my work to go to waste. Here it is. :-)

Kyoya was finally home, doing his homework while Tamaki watched T.V. Suddenly, his phone buzzed on the desk. He looked down to read the text.

"Hey Tama... How's your leg feeling?

"Pretty good right now. Why?"

"We're going to have company and father would like us to dress up."

"Alright. That's no big deal. Who's coming?"

"He didn't say."

Kyoya helped Tamaki into a spare blue suit he had, then put on his own black one.

They walked out just as Yoshio was walking in, with a man about his age. The man clearly wasn't full Asian, and almost looked like Tamaki.

"Kyoya, Tamaki, I'd like you to meet Prince Akihiko Kobayashi."

~

"So, you're like me?" Tamaki asked, reaching for his drink.

"Yes. My mother is Asian, but my father is English."

Tamaki looked at Kyoya, a large smile plastered on his face. Kyoya smiled back, then returned his attention to Akihiko.

"If I may ask, how is it that you know my father?

"You mean he hasn't told you?" Akihiko smirked. "Well, it all started at this party..."

Akihiko went on to explain just about everything. Yoshio continuously tried to stop him, but Akihiko just kept talking. By the end, Kyoya and Tamaki's jaws had nearly dropped to the floor.

"Father... I didn't realize..." Kyoya started.

"Now I understand. That's why you wouldn't let us be together..." Tamaki mumbled.

"What do they mean? Did you not approve of their relationship?" Akihiko turned to Yoshio.

"Well, at first I felt it were inappropriate. That is what people said about ours." Yoshio responded, sipping his drink to avoid saying anymore.

"That's bull!" Everyone turned to look at Akihiko, eyes wide.

"I don't care what all these wealthy families say in Japan, or even the world. If you love someone, then you have a damn right to be with them!" No one said anything.

"It wasn't fair what happened to me... to us..." He glanced at Yoshio. "But one thing I learned is that we study history to learn from our mistakes. And if you haven't learned that what happened to us was a mistake, then what's the point of studying at all? Rather than taking after your father, who I know you hated, why not be a new man? One that lets his children be who they really are!"

"I..." Yoshio cleared his throat. "You're right. Which is why I let them be together."

"Good..." Akihiko's face turned a light shade of pink as he realized they were all still looking at him. He began eating, as if to say 'I'm going back to having a normal dinner. Everyone please ignore my outburst.'

"Excuse, Mr. Kobayashi–"

"Please, call me Akihiko."

"Right, Akihiko, sir." Kyoya began. "Do you have any children?"

"I had only one."

"I see..." Kyoya glanced at Tamaki, who wasn't paying attention. "Is your child our age?"

"A year or two older, I believe. You're, what? 16?"

Kyoya nodded. He looked at his father, who looked to be bothered by something, but was trying his best not to show it.

"You had a child? With whom?" Yoshio asked, not looking up from his plate.

"Just an English woman I was forced to marry..."

"I see. And you are still married?"

"Well of course. Aren't you?"

"No."

Kyoya could feel the tension in the room, and he quickly tried to think of a way to either stop it, or get him and Tamaki out of there before more happened. He didn't know Akihiko, and therefore didn't know if him and his father ever got into fights. He hoped he wasn't quick to anger.

"No..." Yoshio repeated after a second. "Both my parents passed away at a young age, so I took the opportunity to divorce my wife. We never loved each other, anyways."

"Are you seriously saying that you had an arranged marriage, but you waited until both your parents were dead so that you could divorce her?"

"When you put it that way, it sounds awful. But I never planned it. It just happened."

Akihiko narrowed his eyes. 

~

Dinner wasn't as awkward, afterwards, and once they were all done, they went to the living room to talk. Akihiko asked questions about Kyoya and Tamaki, especially their relationship, and they returned the questions. However, with Yoshio being there, they couldn't get much out of Akihiko. They then began to talk about the host club and their cosplay, which Akihiko found very interesting and even said "I wish we had something like that when we were younger."

Soon, it was time for Akihiko to leave, and the boys waved their goodbyes. "Will we be seeing you again soon?" Tamaki asked, finding a lot in common with Akihiko and hoping to get to see him again.

"Of course! I'll visit every time I come to Japan. I should be here for a few more days anyway, if you'd like to get together and do something." Akihiko smiled.

"We'd love to!" Tamaki's wide smile nearly blinded Akihiko, and it caused him to chuckle.

"Goodbye Tamaki." Akihiko turned to Yoshio. He set his hand on Yoshio's shoulder for a second, before turning and leaving.

A/N I totally didn't know how to end it from here and it was all just wasted writing that wasn't going anywhere so I'm very glad I got rid of this ending. It was sort of cute though... it'd be much better if I knew what I was doing though XD But yeah, so I hope you guys like that I included this. If you didn't like it, be glad I didn't end the story with it. Stay tuned for the Epilogue coming up shortly. And I may have an idea for a spin-off of this story... But I have many other ideas too and I may want to work on those first. Besides, if I do go along with this spin-off story, it'll be much shorter than this one and probably have less effort into it. It could still be fun though, so I'll consider writing it.

Anyways, as always, thanks for the reads, votes, and comments! Already up to almost 6.5K views! Wow! I love you all so much and seriously; THANK YOU!

~K. M. Forrest (P.S. For those who didn't read my announcement this is my new pen name I'm kinda testing. You'll probably see my 'sign off' with this name from now on instead of M)