9. Instinct

A/N So for the last chapter, I didn't plan for Tamaki to get hurt, but looking back at it, I'm kind of glad he did. Not because I want him in pain! Just because it helped me to decide what I'm doing in my next few chapters. I would've had him get a concussion or something, because that does seem a bit more likely, but I thought him breaking his nose was not too bad of an injury that it'd last more than one chapter, but also not too minor that it wouldn't be hard to treat. Plus I've never broken anything before besides my nose, so as an author, the easiest thing to write about was his nose because I had experienced that before. Try not to break your nose! It's very uncomfortable! Anyways, on to the story. Love you all and thanks for reading my story! ~M

Winter break was almost over and the hosts had hardly seen each other–besides Tamaki and Kyoya, who were at each other's houses almost everyday. Tamaki's nose was getting much better, thanks to Kyoya's knowledge and dedication.

However, the other hosts were sad that they didn't see each other, and so, planned on having a small party. The Hitachin's decided to host it, and somehow even convinced Haruhi to come. Honey and Mori agreed automatically. That just left Tamaki and Kyoya.

It was around 2:30 when they had gotten the call. "Hello?" Tamaki answered. "Boss!" The twins exclaimed. "Hikaru! Kaoru!" He jumped up from Kyoya's couch in excitement. Kyoya watched the excited blonde, a small smile on his face. "We haven't seen you all break! We expected you to plan something for us all but you haven't!" The twins complained. "I'm sorry..." Tamaki pouted, sitting back down. "I've been hanging out with Kyoya a lot. And I broke my nose..." He mumbled.

"What?!" They shouted.

"Yeah... It was an accident. I'm fine now." Tamaki explained. "No no... that reaction–" Hikaru started. "was because of the Kyoya part." Kaoru finished. "Oh... Yeah we've been hanging out almost everyday now... why?" Tamaki asked. He could tell they were smirking. "Everyday?" They asked. "Yeah, almost." Tamaki nodded. "What do you two do everyday?"

"Oh.. well we usually watch some movies, sometimes we go–" Tamaki suddenly stopped himself. "You perverts!" He yelled, blushing madly.

Kyoya saw his blush and his smile turned to a mischievous grin. He could tell the twins were bothering him as they always did, and although it upset Tamaki, it was usually very entertaining to witness.

"We don't do anything like that! We just hang out!" Tamaki shouted.

"Hm..." The twins made a thinking sound, making Tamaki curious.

"What?"

"Well Kyoya tends to only do things which benefit him. How does being with you everyday benefit him?" They tried to keep in their laughter.

"I– Erh... Um... Well..." Tamaki stuttered.

The twins began cracking up, unable to control their laughter.

Tamaki frowned. 'What did they mean by that? Are they just trying to upset me, or were they actually getting at something. Like that I'm forcing Kyoya to be around me and he isn't enjoying it... Hm...'

"Why did you call anyway?"

'Or they could've been getting at something else... something about Kyoya wanting to be with me... but how exactly would that benefit him?'

"Oh right! Since you didn't bother to invite us over, we're having a party and inviting all the other hosts. You should come, unless you're too busy with Kyoya~"

"Of course I'll go!" Tamaki smiled.

"Great! Now we just have to ask Kyoya." The twins exchanged smirks.