06. the bad boy's self introduction

Start from the beginning

          "Coach, can I go to the infirmary?" He nods a yes, cringing at the sight of my bloody nose.

          "Come back right after," he instruct after writing down me a hall pass.

          I grab it and head out of the gym to the infirmary.

          "Oh my goodness. What happened to you?" Nancy, the nice nurse, gasp at my bloody nose.

          "A basketball hit me," I tell her and sit down on the bed where she signaled me to sit.

          "Oh dear. I'll have to clean the blood off." She looks around for some tissue paper or something to clean my nose but it's nowhere to be found.

          "You'll think there'll be at least some tissue paper in here, right?" She laughs it off.

          "Well, you just sit still and tilt your head down. I'll go get some tissue paper from the supply closet and be right back." She gets up from her seat and walks out of the room.

          I move forward on the bed and tilt my head down. I let out a sigh of boredom while waiting patiently for her to come back.

          The door suddenly open with a loud bam, getting my attention. I bring my head up to see who it is while my hand covers my bleeding nose.

          My heart starts to beat faster as soon as I see his face. My stomach begins to form a knot as he walks my way with an unreadable expression.

          I sit still on the bed not moving an inch hoping - praying - that I'll be invisible if I don't move at all then he won't have to see me.

           Unfortunately, invisibility is not one of my powers. With powers like mega procrastination and eating, you'll think I'll have the ability to be invisible too but, sadly, I don't.

          I watch silently as Archer sits down next to the bed across from me - facing me.

          I notice that his right hand is bleeding but I don't say anything

          I notice that his right hand is bleeding but I don't say anything. Maybe that's why he's here, to clean his wound.

          I thought he was just going to sit there in peace but I was wrong when he opened his mouth to speak, "I was born on December 24th. The same day my uncle was killed in action, so my parents named me after him. Life was going great, amazing actually, for a kid like me until my parents died in a car crash when I was 5. Ever since then, my grandma is my only family. She was so busy with her company and everything else that she never took me out to play in the park, read me bedtime stories, or bake cookies with me. I was never taught how to ride a bike but I was spoiled. I got whatever I wanted."

          I look at him in utter confusion, furrowing my brows, as he continues to speak.

          "I met Jace and Carter in preschool and we've been best friends since. I had my first kiss in 1st grade, my first beer in 6th grade, and I've never done it. I mean, come on, I'm too precious to be spreading my saliva and sperms around the girl population. If you didn't know, I'm worth tons."

          Archer finishes with a cocky smirk - no surprise there. I continue to stare at him, speechless, still processing everything he had just shared.

          After a few seconds of silence, I question him, "Why are you telling me this?"

           "You told me you barely know me. So that was me telling you everything about me. And now you know me."

          "But why?" I asks, still confused.

          He looks straight at me as if he's trying to figure out if I can be trusted just by my eyes.

          "Because I can't stop thinking about you even though you drive me crazy," he tells me straight up, surprising me.

          "I know what I want, Chloe Williams. And I want you."

          I stare at him for a minute before bursting out laughing in the bed. He looks at me like I'm crazy. I must be then, considering that my nose is bleeding and I'm hearing the strangest words coming out from the mouth of the very boy who I had to slap just so he could stop beating the living crap out of a boy.

          After a while of Archer giving me a strange look, I begin to calm down, wiping tears from my eyes from laughing too hard.

          "So is that a yes?"

          "Are you fucking crazy?" I raise my voice. "First of all, you could've killed that poor boy if I didn't come and stop you. Second, you kissed me without my permission. Third, your army of girls are out to get me because I rejected you."

          "So you'll go out with me?" He asks again with a smile.

          I mentally slap my forehead in annoyance.

          "NO!"

          Ugh. This boy will seriously be the death of me.

A/n

As always, thank you so much for reading! Please vote and comment.

**The image used does not belong to me. I simply found it on google and put it there.**