Will Throws Iris' Milky Way Bars Away

"Always remember," Naomi Solace sniffed as she held Iris' face firmly. "No matter what happens, you always have a family here and we'll always be here for you. You understand?"

"Yes, Auntie." Iris sniffed back.

"Our surname means something. You can always find solace here, however corny it sounds."

"I always keep that in mind."

"You have everything you need?"

"Yes, I do."

"You folded your clothes neatly?"

"Yes, I did."

"You combed you hair?"

"Yes."

"You brushed your teeth?"

"Auntie..."

"Your period is almost coming," Naomi continued, glancing at the calendar without letting go of Iris' face. "Did you bring enough-"

"Aunt Naomi!" Iris yelped, blushing madly as she gripped the former's arms. "Yes, I did everything I have to do and I did bring enough with me. Let's just not be too vocal; Will might've heard."

"I didn't hear anything," Will called from the kitchen, but of course he heard, and he knew what they meant. Duh, he was a healer and basically a teenage doctor. He just decided not to pay too much attention.

"WILLIAM SOLACE!" his mom called back. "You only have a minute left before I drag you by the ear out here!"

"I'm coming, Mom. Sheesh." The son of Apollo emerged from the house, lugging a backpack with the things he needed for the journey.

Iris also packed small, because however the odds might turn out, she would still return to the home of the Solaces here in Indiana. If she ever was to be welcomed home at Oxnard, she still has to finish her school year in Goode High in New York where she studies as a boarding student along with Will and her friends.

She and Will arrived home a couple of hours before New Year's Eve officially started. Everything was supposed to be perfect for Naomi Solace, because she hadn't seen the siblings since September. But Iris made it the saddest celebration for her when the daughter of Apollo approached her and told about her upcoming trip to Oxnard. She cried the whole night. And now, on the second of January, it was time for them to go.

"You good to go?" Will asked his sister.

"Yeah-"

"Oh, my precious Iris," Naomi cooed, brushing the dangling strands of Iris' hair away from her forehead. Tears were running down her cheeks. "My beautiful darling... I can't believe the time has come for me to let you go. I hope your mother treats you well. You don't deserve any less. And if she messes with you, my baby, come straight right back to me. You promise?"

Iris nodded, biting the inside of her cheek to keep her own tears from falling. She slowly held Naomi Solace's arms and brought them down. "I promise, Aunt Naomi. Goodbye."

"Goodbye, dear. And you," Naomi pinched her son's arm. "Look out for her, you hear me?"

"Yeah, yeah," Will answered irritably, rubbing his bicep.

As the siblings walked off, the heartbroken Naomi Solace watched and waved at them until they were out of sight before entering the house.