Chapter 2: The Curse of The Ruby

Start from the beginning

"I'll let this pass. But, you still have to make it up to Juvia. She's the one who put all her effort into this," Erza said, patting my shoulder. I bit my lip. Juvia.... I didn't tell them about what I did. I desperately want to apologize to her.

(Juvia POV)

After the rain stopped, Lyon brought me to the front steps of the guild. He embraced me making me      all warm and fuzzy inside.

"Just give him some space. He'll cool down eventually," he shouted waving back at me. I waved back realizing that I was waving his coat.

"Lyon-sama! What about your coat?" I asked. He turned to face me and made a smile that made me flush.

"Keep it," Then he went off. My shocked face softened as I brought the jacket close to my chest.

"Lyon-sama..." I said softly, and then I let go of the ripped present.

(Gray POV)

That night, I wasn't able to go to sleep. Once in a while, I would hear Juvia calling "Gray-sama" to me. I'll try to grab her hand, but then she'll disappear right before me. What was going on with me!? I've never felt this way. Usually, when I turn her down, she wouldn't care and keep on bugging me. But this time, this time was different. Thinking about her gone, made my heart ache. Seeing her cry drowned me, literally. But not seeing her smile anymore, killed me.

Flashback

The air was cold, even for me. Even though I could hear myself breathing, I couldn't move a muscle. Why do I feel like this, father? I've finally met you but yet you still have to go. For all these years, I thought you were dead. But when I finally got to meet you, I saw you die a second time. I don't know if I can be myself again. If you're mad at me for pitying you, then I'm sorry. Silver's wooden grave tilted to the side, motionless, slowly getting covered with snow.

I just kept on staring at it, until I couldn't blink. I was about to fall asleep until I heard a soft voice.

"Gray-sama?" I turned around to see her looking down, five feet away from me.

"Juvia. Did you follow me here!?" I said harshly.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," she said quickly. I turned my back against her not saying a word. I could hear her squeeze her dress.

"J-Juvia has to tell you something," I still said nothing. Her face expression changed. Puddles of tears filled up her eyes. I glanced at her in the corner of my eye.

"Juvia...was the one who destroyed the necromancer, that killed your father," My eyes widened in fury.

"It was you?" I said. She whimpered, her legs shaking.

"Juvia now doesn't have the right to love Gray-sama. Juvia killed your father," I gritted my teeth. I marched towards her making screeching sounds in the snow. I grabbed her dress tightly, pulling her towards me.

"It was you!?" I growled. I heard her sniffle and I felt her shaking. I tried to hide it but I just couldn't. My head buried into her chest seconds later. Juvia gasped, but felt relieved. I fell down on my knees dragging her down with me.

"Thank you. I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" I cried. She was so warm and I could feel her heart beating. My knees fell weak and my cheeks turned a little pink. She could feel me trembling and gently wrapped her arms around me.

"You're warm," she said softly. I was warm? My heart palpitated and that moment, more tears were coming out. I felt so cold but yet felt so warm when I was close to her. I didn't know what to think. My father, chose her to kill him, because he trusted her. Maybe I should trust her too.