Chapter One: Leave

Author's Note:

Hi! If you're new here welcome! I'm currently editing the story and when I finish I'll delete this part.

But if you're both new or and old reader of the book please know that from now on;

-whenever there are options, there will be a different pov from someone who was also involved in that situation

I will post more updates as I keep editing but I hope you enjoy this book!

———————

"Get out of here." I stared at his back as the atmosphere of the room changed dramatically.

"Huh?.."

"It's been over 10 years and there's still no sign of an ability from you. We might as well give up on you since you're causing nothing but trouble for everyone."

My eyes grew at his words. "A-Aku-chan... I kno-"

"Can't you listen to me at least once!? Just leave already! And don't call me that, it's just as annoying as your stupid face!" He headed towards the door sending a glare towards my direction. He never gave that look to me. He would always treat me like a little sister, but now he's acting like I'm a burden.

Maybe I am a burden...

Has he always felt like this towards me?

Has... everyone felt like this towards me?

"..." I couldn't say anything. There was a lump in my throat preventing me from speaking, and the tears in my eyes dangerously hung, threatening to be spilled.

"I-" I started, voice hoarse and low.

A) "Thank you..."

B) "I'm sorry..."

C) "I never needed you!.."

———OPTION A———

"Thank you..." As each word left my lips, I could tell that it would get harder to talk as I go on.

"Thank you... for giving me a chance..." I couldn't take it. I bolted out of his office and ran to my room that Mori had assigned me a long time ago, and started to pack everything.

It was hard to see as tears covered my eyes, but the aching in my heart was more difficult to bear.

Akutagawa's POV

As her figure moved past me I stood still in the same spot for at least a couple minutes. I took a deep shaky breathe.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)..." I mumbled to myself.

Soft sobs started to escape from my body.

This isn't like me... Stop...

(Y/N)... Thank you as well, for being a part of my life. Without you, I-

My office phone started ringing. I quicky fixed myself and answered the phone.

"Yes?"

———OPTION B———

"I'm sorry..." I started crying, unable to stop myself. I tried taking deep breathes to calm myself but it made everything worse as I started to sound like I was out of breathe.

I fell to the floor and put my hands together, bowing in front of Akutagawa.

"I-I'm so sorry..." I hiccupped. "I nev-er meant to annoy you or waste y-your time..."

There was silence. It was about ten seconds until he responded, but it felt like an eternity.

"Get up. Start packing your shit. I expect you to be gone by tomorrow."

He left his office, leaving me a couple minutes to keep crying to myself. I then slowly made my way to my room that Mori had assigned me when I was invited to the Port Mafia.

Akutagawa's POV

As she dropped herself on the floor I wanted to run up to her. I wanted to run up to her and rub her back, telling her that everything will be okay.

But I won't.

And it won't be.

We aren't kids anymore.

The past is something that can't be brought back today.

I told her to start packing and expected her gone.

I'm sorry as well... You never deserved any of this...

"Akutagawa." I heard someone call my name.

"Yes?"

———OPTION C———

"Fine! I never needed you either anyway!!" Tears hung off my eyes but the anger that overpowered my sadness was stronger.

"Y...You're nothing but a stinking liar!!" My instincts had kicked in and before I knew it... I had slapped Akutagawa.

I slapped Akugawa Ryuunosuke.

"W-wait I didn't mean to-"

Now it was my turn to be in shock. Akutagawa held me up against the wall from my neck.

"Don't you dare fucking touch me again. Every mission we've gone on I always had to save your dumbass from doing something stupid and getting yourself killed. You're nothing without anyone else to help you. Nothing but a waste of oxygen."

He let go of my neck and left his office, leaving me traumatized.

I slowly got up and made my way to my room that Mori had assigned me when I was invited to the Port Mafia.

Akutagawa's POV

As I felt the burning pain on my cheek, my instincts had kicked in. I held her up against the wall and yelled at her in anger.

I left my office and slammed the door in anger.

I knew that a glare was on my face as I walked past people that stared at me.

I could care less.

I then started walking slower and became aware of what I had done.

I felt my throat and stomach start to hurt from the guilt.

She said... she didn't mean to slap me right? I... I didn't mean to do that either!

Goddamnit

I clenched my fist and felt the glare grow on my face again, although someone had stopped me before I had started walking.

"Akutagawa?"

I took a deep breathe.

"Yes?"