New Beginnings

Ever since Ren moved me out of Compton, everything had changed

Ever since Ren moved me out of Compton, everything had changed. Less police sirens and more sleep at night. He had convinced Eric to hire me as his Secretary. 

I sat at the front desk picking up phone calls and getting his artists to him. Ever since this job, there was a definite change in the way I dressed. I wore a short sleeved, silk, purple shirt and a black pencil skirt.

A group of girls wearing some revealing clothes, calling themselves H.W.A, walked over to the desk. The blonde girl, Babygirl or some shit like that, said,“We're here for Eazy." If they were strangers you think they were some groupie hoes. But in reality, they were rapping hoes.

Their weak rhymes and so called “sex appeal" seems to sell records. Also, the lead rapper is probably fucking Eazy. But, I'm gonna keep my mouth closed......for now.

“Eric, H.W.A is here. They said-"

“He's expecting us!," the blonde girl interrupted.

I exhaled slowly, calming myself down.

I walked from behind my desk to escort them to Studio B2 that Eric was in.

"Mr. Wright, H.W.A," I hooked them up together to tend to their so called business.

“Yo, can you do me a favor? Take these two in Studio A4," he mentioned leaving the blonde girl out. I'm not digging that bitch for real. She has a bad attitude and lately I've been noticing she has been close to Lorenzo, but especially Eric. I already know there will be trouble when I find out what's going on.

I escorted the other two into studio A4, where Yella was in there producing some tracks. "Hey, uhm Eric wanted them to record in here," I said plainly. He sighed as those two sat down.

"Ayo, where's Ren?," I asked.

"He's next door," he said pointing in that direction.

I walked into the studio, where I saw Dre on the mixer and Ren in the booth. Ren immediately noticed me and smiled. Andre cut the music as Ren stepped out the booth.

"I'm gonna leave y'all two alone," Dre stated as he stepped out.

"Hey, wassup," he greeted. I kissed him on the cheek before I leaned on the mixing table.

"Hey baby. I was wondering, do you know anything about that girl and Eric?," I asked getting straight to the point.

"Who?," he asked playing dumb.

I gave him a glare before he sucked his teeth.

"Man, why are you worried about them? Stop being in other people's business," he said as he planted kisses on my neck between each word.

"It's just that, Rayanne is my friend. I'm gonna let her know when something's not right." As I was talking, he wrapped my legs around his waist as he was playing with my underwear.

"Ren, you're gonna get me fired," I moaned as he stuck two fingers in.

I pulled him off of me before I adjusted my skirt.

Before I could walk to the door he slapped my butt leaving a sharp pain on my right ass cheek.

I gave him the finger and walked out the door, heading to my desk.

"Hey girl," Rayanne greeted as she approached the front desk.

"Wassup, Eric is working me to death," I confessed, rolling my eyes.

"I like this professional look on you. It's cute. Speaking of Eric, where is he?"

"He's in Studio B2," I mentioned tapping my nails on the desk.

"Aight, Shay," she said walking in that direction.

"Rayanne, I don't think you want to go in there," I added.

"Why?," she asked flipping her long brown hair.

"Them girls, H.W.A? Yeah, they're in there recording," I mentioned.

"Oh Lord," she muttered approaching the desk.

I giggled as she went on and said,"I don't want to kill nobody, so, please call him and tell him I stopped by."

She sashayed away, leaving the building.

  Hours later, I packed my things to go home before a heavy set man, wearing all red, smoking a cigar. Now I know, good and damn well, he sees the ‘No Smoking’ sign.

“I'm here to see Dre," he said sizing him up. “It's about business," he added.

“Sir, I am afraid that you have to see Mr. Wright or Jerry Heller for that matter," I stated picking up the phone to call Jerry.

"Where is punk ass Eric at?," he asked with a cold look.

I exhaled slowly before I said,"Mr. Wright left not too long ago."

"Well, tell him that, Suge, Suge Knight, came by," he said before he winked at me. A disgusting feeling came across me as he left.

Something isn't right about him. Something isn't right, I thought.