The Morning After

I woke up next to him in his bed when the soft scent of his cologne hit my nose

"Oh my God," I said as I felt my pounding head. I put on his T-shirt and walked into the kitchen.

Just before I went into the fridge, a warm feeling came upon me. " 'Morning, Shanya," he said going into the fridge and getting some orange juice.

"Ugh, we ran out of eggs. I need to go to the store. Do you mind me using your car?," I asked.

“Sure, but don't pick up those bald headed friends of your's,” he demanded.

I rolled my eyes, put on my pants and grabbed his keys.

I pulled up at the nearest corner store that was around the block. As I pulled up, a police car whipped around the corner.

“Fucking sell-out police officer's. Going against your own. Shameful,” I proclaimed as I walked in the store.

I picked up some eggs, and Doritos, and I searched for some Lay's for Lorenzo.

I searched for some money in my pockets to pay for the stuff until I heard some ruckus. I saw the police neglecting the men because they were “thugs.” I quickly grabbed my stuff and paced to my car.

“Ayo, bitch, are you a junkie or a hoe on the street?," one of the white police men asked me harshly.

I look around to see who he was talking to. Then, I realized he was talking to me. The white cop pushed me hard onto Lorenzo's car, making me drop everything in my hand.

"So, you like tricking, huh. Lemme see those tricks you can do on this dick," the black cop whispered in my ear.

By this time, I was keeping my composure. I was very close to snapping.

“I-"

“Shut the hell up!," the black police man yelled as he was “searching” me. He smoothed his hands over my butt.

Both of them stepped away from me and headed towards their squad car. I quickly hopped in the car after being harassed by officers of the law. But, that's how it is in Compton. Some of us can't leave if we wanted to. That's what the “POLICE” want.

I pulled up to my apartment complex, grabbed the keys, locked the door and ran into my home. Before I could take two steps into the apartment, I broke down crying.

Ren, approached me with open arms. “Lor-renzo, you have to get me the fuck outta Compton," I cried onto his black shirt. His body tensed up. He already knew when I was hurting and that time was now.

“Those cops, harassed me. They can get away with it because they are so called police and it's always gonna stay that way," I continued. I stopped crying I was numb to the pain so all I could take it all in.

“Pack you're stuff, your moving in with me," he declared in a stern voice. This was my only chance. It was time to escape this hell.