Prologue

The USA was exactly how I remembered it to be: plain and boring. Maybe it wasn't that bad. But it didn't compare with the intricate beauty and colours of Siberia. It didn't have the bright swirls and unique architecture like home did, but it did bring back memories. Memories I never wanted to relive in my few short years here. It was both thrilling and nerve-wracking to move here, away from my family. 

This state would forever hold memories of when me and Rose, my Roza had been together, my ex-lover and student. Things had been complicated between us. We broke so many rules, with our relationship alone. It didn't stop us;  we were indestructible. We could do anything together, whilst having the comfort of each other.

And that could have lasted for all eternity; we could have been the strongest of the strong. The one feared amongst all. We could have had a life together, one that would be eternal. If only . . . if only she had seen things the right way. If only she knew what she was missing. It was my fault, If hadn't been so lenient, I wouldn't have to do this. This mistake cost me an important ally, and I have no choice but to rectify it.

I offered her a choice. I showed her great power, dangerous strength and thrilling speed. I tried to make her understand, words cannot describe the sheer pleasure of my newfound strength. Rose would have been a loyal ally: we'd dominate the night in the shadows, taking what we want for ourselves. Now not everyone receives such an offer. The humans here would kill to gain such power, and yet her stubborn self refused. The constant rejection angered me, but instead of taking action, I remained patient in an attempt to save her pride. She made sure to repay this kindness in the worst way possible.  

I took advantage of her feelings for me, as a means of luring her into awakening. Humans, Dhampirs and Moroi can be awakened into Strigoi. We aren't born, we're made. See the thing is, my Roza . . .  she had tried to kill me. Tried, and she almost succeed. 

My life was threatened by my act of kindness. Naive of me to assume she'd ever be willing, she was a Dhampir after all.  I've learnt my lesson. Rose was amazingly skilled in combat, I would know as her former trainer. 

The race of Dhampirs were originally created from Moroi and Human blood. They are sworn to protect the Moroi. Moroi are the weak excuse of a vampire race, drinking blood but not killing their victims, depending completely on the Dhampirs for their protection. To protect them from us. Rose trained to become the guardian of her best friend, the Moroi princess Vasilisa Dragomir. 

I had been a Dhampir, before I was awakened to join the superior Strigoi race: the vampires at the top of the food chain. The strongest and most feared vampires. I returned to the US to find Rose, I needed to find her. I left my estate and home place to reach Montana, but I'll return once I've handled Rose. Once I can finally relax with the satisfaction of having nothing that could threaten me. Even if now, I have to spend eternity alone.

I could have died at the bridge. Someone as dangerous as Rose, someone with that much potential to even get close to killing me. Someone like that shouldn't ever exist. I admired her strength, courage and skill. It would have been useful to me, but I couldn't awaken her. Not after what had happened. Removing the threat, would be the first step. I had to get rid of her at all costs, before she does to me.

There was only one way for that to happen, and she is to blame. I have to kill her. There was no other way to it. If only she had asked me to awaken her.

*************************************************
THERE'S A BLOOD PROMISE DPOV, READ THAT FIRST IF YOU HAVEN'T 😊

30+ fricking thousand reads and 700+ votes for Blood Promise?! I thought I'd post this for you guys. Thanks again for supporting :-)

x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x