2-Black Is His Name

Start from the beginning

"Estella, I found her! Come say goodbye" she motioned me over and then started waving to our grandma. I watched as she did so, but I didn't move from my seat. Instead, I took a book out of my backpack and opened it to my marked page. I've said enough goodbyes for one day. Goodbye to my old life, goodbye to my house, goodbye to Griselda, and if Sadie gets sorted into a different house then I'll be saying goodbye to her as well. Of course, I'll see her, but not much.

The train's whistle blew right on time, and the wheels started to shift. The train lurched into motion and I saw out of the corner of my eye students getting onto the train last minute. Sadie now sat on her knees, her face still pressed against the window as she saw Griselda for the last time until the summer. They haven't been separated for five years.

After the train left the station Sadie took out a book too. It's the Ravenclaw in her. She's bound to get into that house. I, on the other hand, quit reading about factual things a long time ago. I much preferred fictional books about amazing adventures; the things I wish I could do but know I never will.

***

Just as I reached the last chapter in my book, the door to our compartment slid open and I looked up to see a red-headed girl standing there. She was shorter than me, but I guessed that she was in my year. Like Sadie and I, she had yet to change into her Hogwarts robes. She seemed a little disheveled, and her trunk was sitting next to her.

"Hi, do you mind if my friends and I sit in here with the two of you? This is just about the only car we've come across that isn't already full" she asked, pleading in her voice. I glanced at Sadie who was too absorbed in her book to even look up at the girl, so I turned back to her and nodded my head.

"Sure, we have plenty of room," I told her and she smiled at me. She turned to her two friends waiting behind her, a girl with short chestnut brown hair, and another girl who had blonde curly hair. They all picked up their trunks and entered our compartment, picking their things up and shoving them onto the high shelves next to mine and Sadie's. Speaking of which, the latter still has yet to look up from her book. Once the girls sat down the one with red hair turned to me to introduce herself.

"I'm Lily. I don't think we've ever met before. What year are you in?" She asked curiously.

"I'm going into sixth year but I transferred from Beauxbatons academy in France. I'm Estella" I informed her and she nodded her head.

"This is Alice and Marlene. We're all in sixth year too. Who's this?" Lily asked, referring to Sadie. She watched her as she read her book intensely.

"This is my little sister Sadie," I said quietly, as to not disturb her reading.

"Is she a Ravenclaw?" Lily asked in the same volume as me.

"That has yet to be determined. She's going into her first year, but I'm guessing she is. My mum and grandma were both Ravenclaw" I told her. I felt her friends staring at me, so I turned to them and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry if this sounds crazy but your eyes are so cool" the blonde girl, Marlene, gaped at me. My cheeks turned a little red, remembering my abnormal quality.

"Oh... Thanks..." I trailed off, feeling strange because I was put into the center of attention.

"Are you... a metamorphmagus?" She asked curiously and I frowned at her.

"No. I'm not." I stated stiffly. Why do people keep asking me that? Someone can't just have two different colored eyes and live a normal life? Lily glared at Marlene.

"Sorry, she just has some trouble keeping her mouth shut" Lily apologized and Marlene scoffed at her but didn't protest.

"It's fine" I shrugged. "Do you all mind if I just finish my book?" I asked them, pointing down to my lap where my book still lay.