nine :: promise

Liam walked on the crowded hall alone, head's down with hands inside of his pockets. He tried to forgot the conversation he had with Zayn yesterday. He really did. But he can't, somehow.

And Zayn's sudden appearance didn't help at all, though.

"Hey, Li." Zayn waved his hands with a smile plastered on his beautiful face.

Liam tried his best to smile although it was kinda hard for him to actually did it. "Hey, wha-wait," he stopped. "Isn't that my sweater?"

Zayn nodded with a cheeky grin. "You left this in my house yesterday, so i bring it for you today."

Liam's heart clenched as memories about yesterday appeared in his head again.

"You're wearing it, Zee. How are you gonna give it to me if you're wearing it?" Liam chuckled, shrugging his thoughts off.

Zayn laughed a little then wrapped his arms around Liam's waist, started to walk with him.

"I love it. It smells like you."

Liam can't help but cooed at how Zayn looked in his sweater. He looked so small, indeed. And he was pretty cute if Liam may add.

They talked a lot that day, seemed to forgot about yesterday but in back of his head, Liam was still thinking about it. He thought that maybe, if he tried to say those three words again, Zayn would change his mind a little.

"Zayn," Liam called. They both were in Liam's car because the bell already rang and they could went home.

"Yeah?" he answered, looking at Liam curiously.

"I love you, and I mean it. I truly mean it. I won't leave you, Zayn," he said lowly, almost whispering but Zayn could clearly heared him.

His breath hitched as he watched Liam looked at him back. His heartbeat increased when Liam swept his cheekbone down to lips and his jawline.

"I'm not lying, Zayn." Liam continued, looking at Zayn directly into his golden eyes.

Zayn bit his bottom lip and pushed Liam's chest softly. He didn't dare look at Liam's wounded look so he looked at the window instead.

"Sorry," Liam whispered. He hated the fact that Zayn won't believe him and he promised to himself that he'll change it sooner or later. And Liam will not breaking his own promise.

***
finals is finally done im freeeeeeeeeee