Chapter 40

:..( anyone else sad? this book is nearly over! *cries loudly* On chapter 40!

Well, there are still 2 or so more chapters an then the sequel, so keep on going!

_________

Daisy

I walk with Prim, who is making flames dance along the walls, lighting up the tunnel. Every now and then, she will check her watch and sigh. after what seems like hours walking, my stomach growls.

"I'm hungry." I whine.

Prim looks down at me and checks her watch. She turns to Bonnie.

"Come on, let's stop. Its almost 9 and we've been walking for hours."

Bonnie opens her mouth to debate but sighs and nods. we sit along the sides of the tunnel and pull out some food.

I eat an apple and am about to bite into a slice of meat but Prim stops me.

"We need to make it last." She says.

I grunt and grudgingly put it away. Prim pulls something out of her pocket.

"Oh, I forgot to give this to you." She opens her hand to reveal a necklace. A clear necklace. My necklace.

"What? How?" I stutter.

"I don't know." She shrugs and slips it around my neck.

"Hey, how about a little show before bed?" She grins.

I nod in eagerness. "Yes please!"

"Get settled then."

I snuggle against her and look up.

Her necklace glows blue first and some water is pulled off the wall. She makes a girl, with a tiara and a long dress.

The girl starts dancing, slowly and elegantly. She flys in the air, doing slow pirouettes to the non-existent music. Prim's necklace glows again and a prince of flames appears and starts dancing with the girl.

My eyes start to droop.

Then a sweet voice starts singing a song along with the dancers and I realize that Prim is singing.

'When the sun goes down,

And you can't sleep from all the sounds,

Just close your eyes,

And dream of a better night'

The lullaby echoes in my ears and I give in, closing my eyes, half asleep.

'When the days are long,

And the clouds cover the sun,

You know it's time to light the light'

Her song echoes in my ears and soon, I am swimming in dreams.

~~

I wake a few hours later, and everyone is still asleep. Judging by Prim's watch, it is 6:30.

Quietly, I get up and walk away from the group. I walk along the tunnel in the darkness and think.

I think about my parents, and my brothers, as well as Prim and Bonnie.

I am so engrossed in my thoughts that I almost don't see it. A door in the side of the tunnel. I slowly open it and step inside.

It is a small room, with stairs leading upward. I look up and gasp. Way above, at the top of the stairs, I can see the sky. I slowly start climbing them, my eyes locked on it.