Chapter 20

This will be a short chapter, and the next chapter will contain the winner of the character competition, so get your entries in!

___________

He had Twill. What was he going to do to her? I sigh. No point dwelling on it. Me and Bonnie walk back up to the house in silence.

"Come on, lets go up to the entertainment space and check on Katniss." She says.

I follow her up and she turns on the TV. The news channel is talking about the new president voting so she finds another that is talking about Katniss's court case.

"The mockingjay is currently in surveillance, in maximum security, until her case is over. She is being described as dangerous and unpredictable, over her younger sister, primroses, death. Fellini Parvaro reports from outside Presidents snows House."

The screen changes to a Man standing in front of snows house.

"Thank you Darla. The Mockingjay is somewhere in the house behind me. Occasionally you can even hear her screams for her sister. The Mockingjay herself has not visited the girls grave, which is located in the victors graveyard just south of the Capitol. A statue has been placed in her honour in district twelves town square, with the words, 'primrose everdeen, the reason the fire ever begun'. The words are quite true, as she is the reason the Mockingjay ever volunteered for the games."

My face goes white. I never thought of it that way. I was the reason all those lives had been lost, the reason for the rebellion. The reason Thirteen had joined up with the other districts to beat the Capitol. The reason Coin had tried to kill me. The reason Katniss had killed her. The reason she was in pieces.

Without warning I burst into tears. I cry for Katniss, I cry because I am going into the hunger games with Bonnie, and Percy and Harriet. I cry because I never even got to say goodbye. Goodbye to Katniss, to my mother, to Gale, to Peeta, to my father. Even my father manages to work his way into my mind.

Bonnie comforts me and I accept. Not because she's like Katniss, because she is a friend. A very good friend. A friend who is also going into the Games, who was locked up for two months, who has been to the end of the earth and back in almost one piece. She looked after Twill, looked after me. She even looked after Max, yet he betrayed us. Turned on her. Broke her heart. That was what she was going through. And yet, she still held me tight and whispered into my hair.

"If I could voulenteer for you, I would. I swear I would." She whispers.

"But you can't." I reply.

"No. I can't. But I will do all I can to protect you."

She wasn't my sister. But she was as good as a sister.

_____________

So,there you go. I know it's short and all, but its as much as I can do at the moment before the competition ends. If you want another update then enter! You never know if you'll win!

Farewell, and may the odds, be ever in your favour!

Xela732