Chapter 7

It is huge. Way too big for a normal tiger. It's face alone is as big as a watermelon, if not, bigger.

'Mut.' Twill says under her breath.

'How did it get here?' Bonnie whispers.

'Coin.' I answer. 'She must have put it here to keep us inside the force field.'

'To keep YOU inside the force field.' Bonnie says.m

'She left US to die in a cellar.'

'Well, yeah. But there is still a tiger in front of US so it doesn't matter about who Coin wanted to keep inside the force field.' I say.

"Oh, yeah, right."

The beady unnaturally blue eyes stare at us, unmoving. I notice its fur is different colors like green, yellow and blue. It's bright white, stripy, tail hangs in the air behind it, and it looks like it could choke someone. The tiger flicks it, playfully, like it could hear my thoughts.

"What do we do?" Bonnie whispers.

"Don't move a muscle." Twill answers, "It might just pass us by."

I look into its eyes and see us reflected there as well as a blue mist hanging around us. I look around but there is no mist. Just in his eyes. He can see our souls.

"Guys. This isn't an ordinary tiger. It knows we're not just trees. It can see our souls."

"What? How?" Bonnie asks.

"I don't know but however it does, we should probably.."

"Run!" Bonnie says cutting me off. The weird tiger leaps up and it's eyes go red. We all do as Bonnie says and sprint off in the direction of the house. The tiger comes after us and is catching up quickly. We come to the force field and I quickly scale the trees and jump over. Bonnie does the same but a scream comes from behind us and I turn to see the tiger pinning one of Twills legs to the ground with a large, claw-filled, paw.

"Twill!" We both shout at the same time. The tiger stays, pinning her to the ground, while she scrambles about trying to break away from its grasp. It almost seems as if its smiling.

Twill manages to break away and crawl a few meters but then the tiger growls as if saying 'oh no you don't' and reaches out its paw again and pins down her leg, pulling her towards it.

I start climbing another tree but Bonnie shouts at me and pulls me back down again.

"What are you doing! I have to save her!" I cry, tears just about to spill down my face.

"How do you think running in there and getting yourself killed is going to help her?" She says.

I want to argue but she has a point. I slump back down again.

"then what do we do? We cant just leave her?" I say.

Twill lets out a shout of pain from behind us and I look over, scared that the tiger has done something to her but its just scratched her on the leg badly.

Bonnie lets me go picks up a few pebbles from the ground and starts climbing a tree.

"What are you doing? You just told ME not to go in there and help now what are YOU doing?" I say.

"Don't worry, I'm not actually going in there, just getting it off Twill." she says, reaching the top.

She takes one of the rocks and aims. then she throws it and it hits the tiger on the pack of its head. It turns and looks for the source. It spots Bonnie. It growls and looks back down at twill. Bonnie throws another rock. It growls and looks at her again. She trows another and it hits the tiger in the eye. It roars in pain and it nearly falls on Twill but just misses. It jumps up and heads towards Bonnie. Bonnie doesn't take eyes off it but shouts at me, "QUICK! GET TWILL!"

I jump up and scale the nearest tree, nearly falling a few times. I reach the top and leap over to the other side, sliding down another tree like a fire pole. I dash to twill and notice that it has accidentally knocked her unconscious. I try to pick her up but she's too heavy. Even without enough food for a while she was still a grown up and way too heavy for me. I try to drag her but I accidentally hit her head on a root. Oops. She grunts and goes to roll over.

The tiger hears her and turns away from Bonnie and looks into my eyes. Its mouth etches into a smile and it fully turns and starts padding towards me. Bonnie franticaly throws pebbels at it but it just keeps on walking towards me. It smile seems to say 'Ooh! Live prey for lunch!". It pads closer and I drop Twills arm and frantically run to the nearest tree but I trip on a tree root and fall. the tiger gets closer and I feel a sharp pain in my leg as it steps on it, meaning I cant run anywhere. I can feel its breath on my cheek and I close my eyes and think, "I'll miss you Katniss..." before everything goes black.