Chapter 28

Percy

The picture fades and the arena is silent. Then Juliet shouts.

"I clearly killed that little brat! Now it turns out I hit some kid hiding in the bushes! “She screams in frustration and throws a knife at a nearby tree. Georgiana steps forward, trying to calm her down.

"Juliet, calm down, the kid is prob...." 

Juliet screams and throws a knife at Georgiana. It hits her heart and her cannon goes off. Juliet turns to us angrily. 

"I could kill you all! Right now! Then I could go after that little rascal and the rest of them rats!"

Ditty stands up. 

"But you won't. You will do what I say. You won't kill any of us. Except for that Percy kid, if I tell you to." Ditty gives her a glare and Juliet starts to calm down.

"Ok. But I want to kill someone." Juliet says. 

"Ok, then let’s go back to that cave and get rid of those rats." She looks directly at me and grins. "Percy can come with us. Maybe he can even use his dagger skills." 

Crunch pushes me up. 

I turn around and give him my best, leave me alone, look. I walk over to them and Ditty gives me an evil grin. She chucks me a few daggers and I put one in my belt and leave one in my hand. It's not like it mattered. I was horrible with them. The only reason I had managed to hit that bird was pure luck. 

"Come on. We'll be back in a while and with bloodstained fingers hopefully." Ditty says. 

----

Primrose

The shout, scream and cannon boom came from the direction of the cornucopia. Bonnie gives me a worried look. 

"We need to go. Juliet is obviously furious that Daisy isn't dead. She's gonna want to take her anger out on someone and that know where we are. We're the easiest targets. Us, the careers and Daisy are the only people left. We need to go."

We all nod, and start packing up our things. 

I look over at Zara and sigh at the thought of carrying her. Ruby must see me do so, as she pulls out one of her leafs and scribbles something on it, handing it to me. 

'Don't worry, I'll wake her, she seems fine now.' She wrote. She kneels down beside her and places her hands on Zara's chest. She closes her eyes and stays still for a moment. Then Zara's eyelids flutter open and she sits up and looks around at us. Bonnie quickly introduces her to everyone. 

"Zara, meet Kay, Summer and Ruby. If tell you more right now but...” 

A shout comes from the direction of the Cornucopia. I think I hear the words right back and blood-stained. 

"We need to go." Bonnie finishes.

Zara gets the picture and jumps to her feet. She spins dizzily. 

"Hey, take it easy." Kay says. 

"I'm fine. Let’s go."

We go outside and start walking I look back at the cave, realizing this is probably the last time I will see it. Then it is gone, enveloped in the trees. The shouting gets louder behind us. We start running. After a minute or two, angry shouts come from back there. 

"Come on. They know that we're gone now." Bonnie says, and we pick up the pace. The shouts get louder behind us. In a matter of minutes, we're all sprinting through the trees in the darkness, the careers hot on our tails.