Chapter 13: Scandal On Christmas

This Christmas was the best you had celebrated in years. You weren't scarred or alone. You were spending it with some of the people you cared most about. It was a wonderful celebration for the closing of an amazing year. You may not have a steady dream job, but you did have an apartment near your closest friends. Well just down stairs from them.

You moved into 221c a month after Sherlock made the suggestion. It took some time too tidy up, but it wasn't important for it to be spotless. Having your own apartment gave you a bed to sleep on, a place to shower and store your clothes. It wasn't much, but it felt like everything to you. You fixed it up a bit and it was now a place you could live.

Over the past months the deducing trio (that's the name the media so wittingly gave to Sherlock, John and you) had been busier than ever thanks to johns blog. The cases were mainly murders, but there were a few abductions and strange events that changed things up a bit. You wouldn't call yourself a celebrity but you now understand their annoyance with the media. You've only had a few run ins but they are obnoxiously relentless. Sherlock thought johns blog was a waste of time and attracting "unwelcome attention," but without it you wouldn't have the steady stream of clients coming to 221b. It was hard to catch a break. Even on Christmas, but Ms. Hudson wouldn't allow anyone other than friends into the flat. You were surprised she could even recognize anyone with how many drinks  she had already consumed.With the flat decorated with lights and tinsel strung all over and Sherlock playing Christmas songs on his violin you were able to forget all your worry. It was Christmas for goodness sake and you were going to enjoy it.

"Oh, wonderful, Sherlock!" Ms. Hudson praised as Sherlock finished playing. " I wish you'd have worn the antlers," she slurred over a few words and laughed.

"Some things are best left to the imagination," Sherlock said justifying him not wearing the antlers. You laughed at the image in you're head of him wearing those ridiculous things. John glanced over at you he probably thought you were more drunk than you actually from the out of context laughter, but his eyes left in a moment with everyone's going to look at the guest that just walked through the door.m

"Molly!" Everyone cheered. You set down your glass and greeted her. You were so caught up in solving crimes with John and Sherlock you hadn't had the chance to see her all month. A gasp went through the room as John took Molly's to hang it up. Underneath she was wearing a tight black dress which didn't seem like Molly at all.

"You look amazing, Molly! What's the occasion? I mean you wouldn't get dressed up like this for just a Christmas party." You said hoping she had a date. After things didn't end well with John- or Jim, whoever she had been a bit sad.

"Oh, no occasion," she waved off the question, and turned to talk to Lestrade avoiding any further questions on the matter. "I didn't expect to see you here I thought you were in Dorset?"

"That's first thing in the morning. Me and my wife are back together! It's all sorted-"

"She's sleeping with the PE teacher," Sherlock interrupted. He didn't seem fond of the holidays and was being ruder than usual.

"And what about you John?" Molly asked trying to ignore sherlocks blatantly rude comment.

"I'm off to my sisters," he said actually a bit happy about it.

"Sherlocks been complaining," you said. He was not fond off his best friend leaving him on his least favorite day of the year.

"She's cleaned up her act! Off the booze-"

"Nope," Sherlock interrupted yet again.