Chapter 4: Running From The Past

"Join the game (y/n)." His eyes stayed locked onto yours for a moment longer, and you couldn't help but notice how beautiful they really were. Ugh, why do you keep thinking like this get it together he is the last man you want to lose it around. Well, almost the last. You looked away from his piercing gaze, and got out of the cab.

Once inside of Scotland Yard Detective Inspector Lestrade took you up to his office. "You like the funny cases don't you. The exciting ones," Lestrade asked Sherlock.

"Obviously," Sherlock answered.

"Then you're going to love this. That explosion,"

"Gas leak, yes?"

"No, made to look like one." This got Sherlock s attention. "Hardly anything left of the place except a strong box, a very strong box." You and John gave each other a glance that said "I wasn't expecting this." You felt out of place here with Sherlock and John they were a team, and you were just someone who was tagging along, but at least John was welcoming.

"We found this inside it." sitting on the desk was a letter addressed to Sherlock Holmes.

"You didn't open it."

"It's addressed to you, but don't worry we had it x-rayed it should be safe."

"How reassuring," Sherlock spoke softly as he inspected the envelope carefully. You watched Sherlock become lost in his mind as he began deducing. it was as if he was dancing the way his held up the envelope, and turned it in his hands. how his eyes leaped across it soaking in every last detail. Some how the sight of this made you feel less giddy, and more relaxed. You wondered if Sherlock often had this effect on people or if your just... different.

"Bohemian," Sherlock mumbled in the same soft voice.

"What?"

"From the Czech Republic," he continued to deduce, " Any finger prints."

"No," well whoever went to such great lengths to cause that explosion and make sure that letter got to Sherlock they definitely wouldn't have made such a foolish mistake.

"She used a fountain pen,"

"She?" John asked unsure of how Sherlock had come to that conclusion.

"Obviously," Sherlock stated as if it was the clearest thing the world.

"Mens handwriting is typically more blocked than women's, and this is very curved and neat suggesting a women wrote it." You told john not wanting him to be completely out of the loop.

"Exactly," Sherlock said as he glanced at you over his shoulder. it was a questioning glance, skeptical. it seemed like he again was trying to deduce you, but you weren't going to make this easy for him.