Chapter 8: Wrong Day to Die

You sat there frozen. Time seemed to slow down, and all you could here was the ba-dum of your heart beating in your chest. You tried to figure a way out of this, but your mind could only focus on the fact that there was a gun pointed at the back of your head. You needed to calm down. You knew that much.

Slowly you pushed yourself up off the ground to where you were on your hands and knees. You closed your eyes, and you sucked in a deep breathe. Focus, (y/n), you need to find a way to get John and Sherlock out of harms way. Your mind began racing trying to figure out how you could get them out.

"You really think," Sherlock began. "That (y/n) changes anything." You looked up at him. He was holding the gun steady, and his face seemed emotionless.

"Oh, Sherlock," sighed Moriarty. "We both know that she changes everything." Sherlock clenched his jaw. He looked like at any moment he'd shoot the bomb. "You see Sherlock," Moriarty continued. "No matter how much you pretend you don't have a heart... Doesn't change the fact that you do." He walked closer to you with the fun still trained on you. You needed to do something, anything. You glanced at John who seemed terrified , and back to Sherlock who now you could tell was frightened. Seeing your friends like this pushed you over the edge. Without another thought you swiped your leg under Moriarty's causing him to loose his footing for a moment. A moment was all you needed. You jumped up, and spun around facing Moriarty in the moment it took him to regain his balance his grip on the gun lessened. You grabbed his arm, and twisted it back. He was too shocked at first to react. You couldn't help but grin while you yanked the gun out of his hand.

The place was eerily quiet. You held the gun out in front of you just like you were taught aiming it right at Moriarty. No one spoke at first they all were shocked or not fully aware of what happened. You felt the adrenalin rushing through your veins, and your heart beating out of your chest. Moriarty just stared at you slightly shocked slowly a grin spread across his face.

"Tsk tsk," Moriarty began." You really think you could pull the trigger? You won't." She stared at you right through your soul it made you fell violated like he could see everything inside you all your fears, all your secrets. "You and I both know. That deep, deep down you still care for me," he said in a sing song voice. "Did you tell them the real reason why you stuck around so long." He glanced between you, and Sherlock while he walked back in forth unfazed by the the two guns pointed at him. "You loved me. You won't admit I know that, but you did."you clenched your jaw to try, and keep your emotions from showing through, but that was a dead give away. Moriarty grinned a wickedly. "But to me (y/n)," he said quieter. "To me all you are is leverage." Ouch, you didn't care for him, you didn't, but that still hurt coming from a man who said he loved you.

"Leverage," you said under your breathe. Things started coming together in your mind. You dropped the gun to your side, and stared at Moriarty for a moment. He looked unsure, almost confused. After a moment realization dawned on his face. He began to step toward you, but you were quicker. Before Moriarty got close to you you had the gun back up, but pointed at a different target. You felt the room freeze. No one made a sound.

"(Y/n)," Sherlock breathed out. You glanced over at him. His eyes were wide with horror, and shock. The look he gave you pained you to see. Your eyes locked, and you knew he could see it in your eyes. You stared into those beautiful eyes of his you wouldn't have any trouble getting lost in them again, but you turned away. You looked over at John who was now standing.

"(Y/n), there's another way," John said holding his hands out in front of him. You felt tears sting your eyes, but you refused to let them fall. You turned back to Moriarty, and looked him in the eye. You felt the fire burning inside you again reminding you of why you were doing this.