twenty four

Mia was incredibly contented and amused to see that these boys didn't pretend before her or anyone. They were just themselves. They did not mind making awkward sex jokes, nor did they mind ferociously digging into their food without a care in the world. And they couldn't care less about what people thought.

She grew fond of them in the couple meetings they had, solely because they were a carbon print of her own self. They were troubled at heart, yet they didn't fail to put on a smile on their lips and others'.

They held genuine care for each other, it was truly uplifting.

"Twelve Nine comes out in two days, doesn't it?" Michael asks, munching on food, the sauces adorning his smile in a weird fashion. His dark haired friend didn't bother repressing his expression of annoyance. "Don't chew and talk, you're being gross."

Mia snickers as Michael flips him off thoughtlessly. She proudly nods her head at Michael. "Yeah, you're buying it, right? You have to." She points her finger at him sternly.

Michael furiously nods in reply, raising up five fingers to the air. "I'll buy, like, fifty of them."
Luke and Calum both chuckle, causing Michael to turn to them. "I'll make them buy fifty each, too."

Mia shakes her head, a tremulous smile on her lips, "Thanks, guys. You're dedicated fans, I'll give you that."

"Of course, till we're buried." Luke bows jokingly, resuming to dig into his burger.

They all looked really hungry, they carried on a small talk but mainly focused on fulfilling the needs of their growling stomachs. Honestly, Mia was no different. The day's work was exhausting enough for them.

"Do you guys think you could squeeze in a small trip to Colorado on your Christmas break?" Mia swirls her straw about, sipping on her drink. The three of their eyes practically pop out of their sockets making Mia panic internally. "Er, did I say something wrong?"

"You're actually inviting us home?" A low squeak manages to slip out Calum's lips, dropping his drink back onto the table, he cheekily buries his mouth under his palms—sealing away anymore noises that could be a potential embarrassment to him. His other two band mates shared a baffled look. Mia couldn't help but wonder, was she really that big of a deal to them?

"Depends on whether or not you'll visit." She casually shrugs, eyeing them expectantly. Her green eyes twinkled with hope, and her nervous demeanour set forth that she clearly wished for their acceptance.

Michael slyly smiles to himself, his fist banging on the surface of their table just as he excitedly bounced in his place. "Hell yeah! Like I mentioned in text before."

"We'll be there, we'll clear a whole week for you." A broad smile perched over Calum's lips. With this hand, however, he tries to win Luke's attention by nudging his side, whose blue eyes diverted to his phone screen, leaving his burger waiting from him on the tray.

Luke looks up to Calum—his lips tilted downward in a scowl; irked by the constant nudge in his ribs. There's a questioning look on his face, his head cocked further to the side seeing as Calum wasn't saying a word. He glances at Mia and back at Calum, bringing himself back to the conversation once realisation struck him. "Oh, yeah, yeah, definitely." He adds, with a set smile.

Mia returns it with distractedly. Her eyes remain fixed on Luke as he ducks his head back again, and types away on his phone, ignoring the chatter around him despite the loudness of it. When he looked back up and pocketed his phone; Mia's vibrated on cue.