nine

Luke knew there was possibility he'd end up dead. He was almost sure, he'd end up dead by tonight. The fact that he kept imaging scenarios in his head weren't helping one bit.

With his long legs, he stumbles across the hotel room and takes a seat by his brown eyed friend on the couch.

His eyes travel to Calum's and he could tell he started talking something, but Luke was too preoccupied with his thoughts to understand and process his friend's gibberish.

Luke stares at a spot on his friend's face—which happened to be his lips, and tunes out of the real world.

His mind throws forward images of an angry Michael with his ears turned red, nose flaring, teeth gritting against each other. Luke was scared shitless of angry Michael, to say the least. Michael might or might not slaughter him in that moment of time.

Michael was passionate about things or people – that he considered his. He would go to any extreme to get what he wanted, or protect what is dear to him.

Luke couldn't even talk about his situation with the other boys. He didn't know what to do.

Mia.

He felt his stiff shoulders slouch and the speed of his heart slow down at the thought of her. Why didn't he think of her sooner? His lips stretch out into a wide grin and he forces his phone out of his jeans.

"—And then Ashton got hit in the balls." Calum finishes his story.

"Huh?"

"You know, after he kissed the cow." Calum explains, his eyebrows raised expectantly, mouth open in a frozen smile.

Luke pretends to understand whatever story Calum had just told him. "Oh! Oh! I get it now." Luke forces a loud fake laugh.

Calum stretches his lips in a proud smile, as he made his friend laugh. Slowly getting off the couch, he spoke. "I'm gonna go tell Michael this."

Luke felt his lips turn into a worried frown at the mention of his name. He nods at Calum, nonetheless. "Okay, he'll love it."

Once the tanned lad leaves the room, Luke surfs through his phone and quickly taps on Mia's number.

.

.

.

.

Luke: hey are u free

My Mia: nope

My Mia: I cost a damn lot

Luke: mia pls

My Mia: pleading won't reduce my market rate

My Mia: im pricy af

Luke: shut up

My Mia: rood dumbbutt

Luke: asshole

Asshole Mia: that I am

Luke: tf I almost forgot

Luke: im in deeep shit

Luke: m scared

Asshole Mia: what happened?

Luke: I kissed michaels girlfriend

Luke: no, she kissed me

Asshole Mia: Michael?

Luke: my friend

Asshole Mia: okay.

Asshole Mia: did he see?

Luke: No. We were in the main hall and then she just..started talking and kissed me

Asshole Mia: you didn't do anything about it?

Asshole Mia: did you just kiss her back like an asshole

Luke: no! I pushed her away like

Luke: literally pushed

Asshole Mia: oh.

Asshole Mia: why are you scared when Michael didn't see?

Luke: well.. after I pushed her

Luke: she cried and was like "I'm gonna tell Michael you kissed me"

Luke: such a bitch

Asshole Mia: oh wow

Luke: what do I do?? He might kill me.

Asshole Mia: tell him what happened.

Asshole Mia: if you guys are like true friends, he'll believe you and not her.

Asshole Mia: tell him right away

Luke: oh my god, thank you so much.

Luke: I'll go tell him right now

Luke: you saved my life i love you

Goddess Mia: yea yea, go now.