~6~

"Who are you?" Sapphire asked.

The boy smiled, "My name is Phoenix. Um, hopefully, you aren't shocked by the fact that I just burned all of the areas around here. Maybe it would be best if you forgot that you saw any of this, that maybe you'd think that it is a dream or something."

Sapphire was astounded by the fact that she was not the only one that has these kinds of powers that she almost forgot to speak, "Oh um, really it's not a problem. I was just shocked that I'm not the only one with powers."

Phoenix froze, his eyes going large and glassy, "Wait, what?"

He then turned and saw that some of the burnt trees had water dripping from them, the ground near the base of the trees had a pool of water.

His mouth opened but nothing came out. Then he finally spoke, "You...are like me. You have water powers."

Sapphire shyly smiled, "Yeah but I don't know how to use them just yet. I was hoping you would-"

She was cut off when Phoenix lifted a hand to silence her, as he listened deeply. She hadn't heard anything but apparently, he did.

"I know that you've only just met me, but you have to go back. I promise you that we'll meet again soon," he said, looking straight into her eyes. Sapphire, at a loss for words, simply just nodded as she began trotting towards where she thought the town would be.

Throughout the whole walk, she wondered what she'll do since she was chased by a kidnapper, saved by this boy that could shoot fire out of his hands, and now she has to walk and act like nothing ever happened.

She wasn't alone anymore.

When she was walking in the seemingly never-ending forest, she remembered a question that she had when she first discovered her abilities:

"Should I tell my parents that I have powers? Wait...do they know I have powers?"

Right at the thought of that, she began running back home. She knew that her parents would be mad at her for leaving without saying anything first, but she needed to tell them.

If she just constantly ignored them and didn't tell them what was going on, they couldn't have helped her or at least support her.

She had just reached the end of the forest and from there she turned onto a street and hoped that she could figure out her way to her house.

She passed by many houses, none of them looking familiar. She guessed that she never really paid attention to her surroundings before.

She turned the corner, and she finally knew where she was. She ran down the street, frantically trying to get home.

When she finally arrived at the house, she flung open the door, startling her father who was standing in front of the dishwasher.

"Where have you been?" her dad asked, a little irritated that his daughter was going off without telling him.

Sapphire couldn't handle it anymore - she was unable to hold any of this back.

"Dad - I have these powers. I only knew that I had them a few days ago. I don't really know how to control them, and it's really freaking me out. I've had an awful time trying to figure this whole thing out and I really just need some support." Sapphire confessed, her voice breaking a couple of times as she tried to keep her tears from falling onto her cheeks.

Her dad gave a shocked look, but then phased to a calm expression and went up to her and hugged her tightly. "Honey, I was afraid that I needed to tell you." her father gently spoke.

"I already know that I'm adopted, Dad," said Sapphire.

Her father widened his eyes, "Did you...hear me and your mother?" he asked. Sapphire just nodded.

"Well, my dear, we aren't your real parents. But your birth parents, however...did have powers," he revealed.