~2~

It was the next day and Sapphire was at a loss.

After what she had learned the night before, she was understandably still very upset. She wasn't sure if she should ignore her parents and try and have some distance or if she should act like everything is normal and she didn't hear their conversation yesterday.

Sapphire sighed as she placed her pencil on her homework that she was trying to finish before heading to school, her head falling into her hands

She wasn't really their child after all.

There had been some doubts in her mind about it before, sure, but she always had brushed them off. She looked nothing like her parents, but she knew that genes were a tricky thing. But when she was given the truth at face value, it was like a thorn in her heart that continuously kept prodding at her.

They were still her parents even though they weren't biological. This wasn't going to change her relationship with them, would it?

Sapphire threw her hair up into a ponytail and cleaned her glasses. Another day, another opportunity.

She put her socks on and slipped on her shoes. She didn't say goodbye to her parents and she was out the door.

~~

Once Sapphire had gotten to school, she immediately went to her first class, which was math. She learned her mistake the first time, and she definitely wasn't going to make the same mistake.

Her math teacher was probably the meanest teacher you could ever encounter. He doesn't accept any excuses for being tardy or not finishing their homework. He thought that everyone should learn the order in which he does things.

He clearly states every single day that your homework should be turned in straight when you arrive. You shouldn't talk to the teacher first, or your classmates. Your main priority is to get your homework turned in, and then you have a few minutes to get situated. In Sapphire's class, a few of the kids were brave enough to sass the teacher back, but they have never done it again.

When she approached the classroom, Sapphire discovered that the door was open. As she went to enter the room, her eyes recognized there was a staff meeting in the room. She stopped in her tracks, about to turn around when she heard a husky voice say, "Before we close, I wanted to bring you together to discuss about Sapphire Imbens."

Her heart raced hearing her name. Her mind was telling her to just leave and return later for class. As proven by yesterday, nothing good happened when she lingered around conversations that she was not a part of. However, her curiosity was stronger than her inner thoughts.

She leaned her back against the hall, being as quiet as she could, "I cannot disclose a few details, but here is what you need to know. Ms. Imbens can sometimes soon exhibit abnormal behavior. If you find her having abnormal behavior, please report it to me. This is crucial that you report it so we can take the proper measures of action for her."

She put a hand against her mouth. She wanted to ask so many questions but the situation seemed serious. She turned and raced down the hall, putting effort to make sure her footsteps weren't booming.

She had decided that she wanted to skip class for the first time in her life. She was a little bit nervous to skip class all day but she couldn't go home without being caught by her parents and she didn't want to talk to them. She didn't feel safe knowing that the teachers now had her on the watch for "abnormal behavior", for some unbeknownst reason.

She went down to the teacher's workroom, carefully looking around before sneaking in and taking the keys to the old science room on the third floor. She was unsure if she should find a place to hide within the school or head somewhere else. She figured that if she stayed on school grounds, she could pull some excuse out of thin air and someone would believe her.

Once she had gotten to the old science room, she opened the door and looked all around. The only openings were the two rectangular windows on the door.

Sapphire took some tape that she had found in the back closet and covered up the windows so that no one could peek in there and see her ditching class. After finishing the taping job, she sat on one of the lab tables, adrenaline rushing through her veins.

"All I need to do is not get caught." she reminded herself