~5~

It was finally the weekend. Sapphire normally loves having the weekend off where she could spend her time at home, but that means her parents are home as well.

They still hadn't figured out punishment for her from yesterday's ordeal, and she knows that if she even looks at them they will remember what happened.

She stumbled as she got up from her bed. She went over to her closet and picked out something comfy, which was a white sweatshirt with paw prints down the right sleeve and some black workout shorts. After putting them on, she slipped on her pink tennis shoes and went out the door.

"Whew...I have escaped for now. What do I do now?" she thought to herself

She put her hands in her pockets as she walked. She was just lost in her own thoughts when she heard something behind her. She felt a hand go over her mouth as the figure whispered, "Don't make this difficult."

Sapphire tried to shimmy her way out of his grasp, but he had a firm grip on her. Sapphire decided that she would have to resort to violence if she wanted to see another day.

She managed to swing her body to face him and kicked him square in the crotch.

The man groaned and dropped to the sidewalk, while Sapphire took that chance to run. She was very confused and overwhelmed, so she began running in a direction and hoped that he wouldn't follow.

After she had finally thought he wouldn't follow her, she stopped. After looking at her surroundings, she found herself in a forest.

"Well isn't this great" she groaned.

She began to walk around the forest aimlessly. It's not like she had anything else better to do.

As she was walking, she saw something fly by. It was a sandy sort of color...a deer perhaps.

She went over to one of the large trees that she found, and began to climb up the branches. She sat down, and she felt her eyes begin watering once more. She placed her head in her hands and sooner or later, she began bawling.

How could her life go from being all normal then to figuring out she is adopted, has magical powers, misses school, and almost gets kidnapped?

She heard something snap behind her. She stopped her crying and quickly turned around. There was the kidnapper, pointing a gun right at her. She was so startled by the weapon that she fell straight out of the tree. Although her body hurt from the fall, she got up, her head feeling full and her legs heavy.

"You've seen my face. We can't have you going around snitching on me to the police. Looks like you've seen the last of your days, sweetheart." he said, giving her an evil grin.

She closed her eyes, as her sobs that couldn't be controlled escaped.

Suddenly, she heard quick footsteps coming towards them.

"What the hell?" said the gunman. Sapphire peaked open her eyes to see a rush of red go by. She then realized that it was a boy with fiery red hair, which wasn't exactly odd to see.

But..she saw flames escape his hands.

The fire erupted so large that he burned all of the trees surrounding the man. Her hands shaking, she stopped the burning with a swift fling of her hand. The red hair boy turned around, revealing his bright yellow eyes.

He stared at her and then began to change. His hair went from fiery red to a light sandy brown.

His eyes shifted from bright yellow to a lighter shade of brown.

"You okay?" he asked. Sapphire was amazed.

"I-I'm not the only one." she stuttered.