~4~

She left the room in a hurry, her hair whipping around as she struggled to move fluently with her bookbag.

Sapphire needed to escape. She needed to leave the school before anyone sees her like this. She couldn't explain what was happening, but this most certainly would be categorized as "abnormal behavior" and all the teachers would be after her.

She glanced around the hallways and made sure that there was no one. Thankfully, classes had just started only a few minutes prior so there was no one roaming the halls.

Rushing to her locker and grabbing everything that she had brought, she went towards the lunchroom. Luckily for her, there was a fire exit located within the lunchroom - a perfect place to escape the school.

She ran out the door, not even fearing whether an alarm will sound.

Sapphire had made it outside - it was still hot and sunny since it was still the afternoon. She didn't know where to go from here, but she knew she'd end up somewhere. Anywhere but here.

~~

After a while, she had made it to the park that was on the other side of town. Not very many people went to it because it was a rather dilapidated park - broken swings, rusty equipment; it was out of the way to go to.

In Sapphire's case, this was perfect for her. No one would find her here.

She sat down on a bench that looked to be near the end of its life. She ran her hands through her hair, which dampened her hair. It felt nice under the sun, it helped her calm down a bit.

It frightened her how effortless it was to use it. She didn't know how to control them, but she would have to soon. There was no way that she would ever let her parents figure out about her new powers. At first, she figured that it was her imagination getting to her. Reading endless amounts of fantasy books must have gotten to her head. But she cannot deny the truth that was right in front of her.

As she sat there, she pondered to herself about powers in general. She had always read books about watched movies about supernatural powers but now that she had them, she had no idea what to do with them.

She sighed as she slouched further into the bench. What to do, what to do...

~~

She walked through the door of her house.

Her appearance has gone back to normal, and she had only a few slip-ups on the way home. She accidentally shot some water at a squirrel as she lifted her hand to cover a yawn, but other than that she masked her newfound ability. 

Her parents were standing near the door, her father's arms were crossed in disappointment and her mother just stood there with her arms at her side. It was almost comical that they had been standing there, they must have seen her walk down the sidewalk.

"We got a call from the school saying that you skipped school for almost all of the day and that you were nowhere on school premises near the end of school. Is that true, young lady?" her father asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

Sapphire sighed. Was there any point in lying? "...yes. Yes, it's true. I was just having a really tough time today at school and I didn't know how to handle it. I'm sorry." she confessed.

Her parents both sighed. "We'll discuss this later. Your father and I have a meeting with our accountant here in half an hour. You're in charge of your own supper." her mother said, turning away to grab her purse and keys.

Sapphire felt her eyes water as they walked out the door to their car. Tears fell as she heard the engine roar as they pulled out of the driveway.

Did they know? Did they know that she has powers? It couldn't have come from them, so how did she get powers?

She grabbed leftovers from the fridge and began to heat them up in the microwave. As the microwave hummed, her head filled with thoughts of how her classmates would react to her having powers. Or...do they know more than she gives them credit for?

Her thoughts were stopped when she heard the loud beep of the microwave. She took out the warm plate and went to sit down at the table. She grabbed a cup and filled some ice in it. Then, she had an idea.

She eyed at the cup full of ice.

What if she could make it fill with water? She concentrated as she grabbed the cup. She was excited to see the glass slowly fill up with water. She smiled and went to sit down.

Maybe she can get a firm hand on how to use her powers and everything will be fine after all.

After she was done eating supper, she went up to her room. She realized that she didn't have any homework since she missed almost all of school. Thinking logically about it, she probably could've gotten caught up on it in no time.

She went on her school computer and watched random videos online. It was weird for her to not do any homework, that was what she always does after school. But she needed a little escape from school. From science class. From it all.

Time eventually escaped her, and she realized that she needed to get to bed for tomorrow.

Sapphire was getting ready to go to bed. Today had been stressful, and there were still a bunch of questions that she had that she hadn't found answers for. But that would have to be for another day.

She let her thoughts drift away, and fell asleep.